Kryptek Altitude: Early To Mid Season Clothing Review ***Updated 2/11/20***

bigharge

WKR
I would say the tora pants have plenty of stretch, I wear a 34 in kuiu and pranas but had to swap the 34 toras for 32s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Matt Cashell

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I have 2 (3?) questions:

1) Does the Tora Pant have any stretch in the waist? Im between sizes and waist stretch usually means I go with the smaller of the 2 sizes.

2) If I wear an XL in the Arma Hoodie, what size would you get in the Bora Vest? And wear it over or under the Arma?

Whoops. Sorry I missed this.

1) Yes there is some stretch. I would go down one size before I would go up.

2) I went with the same size on all of the tops, and they were consistent from piece to piece, but ... the Bora Vest was the one piece I didn’t try, so I couldn’t say for sure.

2b) I prefer soft shell vests on the outside of mid layers.

black525

WKR
For those that have used both, what would the Tora and Bora pants compare to in the Sitka line? Ascent and Mountain pant?

sneaky

"DADDY"
For those that have used both, what would the Tora and Bora pants compare to in the Sitka line? Ascent and Mountain pant?

Tora is in between the Ascent and Mountain pant, with a helluva lot better DWR than either of those. It's not super light, but it isn't as heavy as the mountain pant either. The Bora is a softshell, pretty much a waterproof material just without taped seams. Closest equivalent from Sitka would be the Timberline pants, but they only have waterproof seats and knees.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

black525

WKR
Tora is in between the Ascent and Mountain pant, with a helluva lot better DWR than either of those. It's not super light, but it isn't as heavy as the mountain pant either. The Bora is a softshell, pretty much a waterproof material just without taped seams. Closest equivalent from Sitka would be the Timberline pants, but they only have waterproof seats and knees.

Thanks for the breakdown. Would you say the Bora’s breath better or worse than the Timberline’s?

sneaky

"DADDY"
The schoeller fabric in the Altitude line breathes very very well. I think they breathe better than the Timberlines, but the Timberlines are still great pants. The Timberlines can make you feel pretty clammy if it warms up and you're moving, they are a cold weather pant for sure. I know guys run them in early season but there's zero way I could.

black525

WKR
The schoeller fabric in the Altitude line breathes very very well. I think they breathe better than the Timberlines, but the Timberlines are still great pants. The Timberlines can make you feel pretty clammy if it warms up and you're moving, they are a cold weather pant for sure. I know guys run them in early season but there's zero way I could.

Thanks, that’s what I was looking for. I’ve ran pretty much every pant in the Sitka line and agree, the Timberlines are great. They’re one of my favorite pants.

Stingray

Lil-Rokslider
I just got a pair Of Bora pants. They seem INCREDIBLY noisy out of the package. Between noise and lack of knee pads, wondering if they really are an improvement over the new Foundry pants from First Lite or the tried and tested Sitka Mountain pants and Timberline pants. I’d like to hear from those of you who have used the pants on hunts to know if they quiet down.

As I walk indoors I hear “swoosh, swoosh, swoosh…” with every step. I don’t think I could ever wear these on a spot and stalk hunt.

Stingray

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks. I’ve decided to return them. I don’t think they will be quiet enough. I read the review here on Rokslide more carefully and it’s clear the material is loud. Won’t work for me. Unfortunate.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks. I’ve decided to return them. I don’t think they will be quiet enough. I read the review here on Rokslide more carefully and it’s clear the material is loud. Won’t work for me. Unfortunate.

Yeah I mentioned it in my Kryptek Altitude video review too that the Schoeller will quiet down a lot with use, but you still won’t get them to the level of some of the soft polyesters.

KHNC

WKR
My Tora pants after 3 years seemed pretty quiet to me. Also, my Tora pants do have a thin pad in the knees. Not a thick one, but still usable.

Stingray

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys. Love the idea of them but I enjoy the stalk more than anything and like to get close. Noise is an Issue.

Last edited:

sneaky

"DADDY"
There isn't a pair of pants on the market that are as quiet out of the package as they'll be after washing them a few times and wearing them to break them in. I'd take the noisiest pair of pants from just about any brand over anything that First lite makes