Kryptek Bora Noise

Jakerex

WKR
Will the Bora jacket noise settle down with a wash and some wearing or not? Debating on sending it back for the dalibor. Would rather have a jacket I can use for both rifle and archery hunting. New, this bora jacket is probably, definitely too noisy for archery. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C.payne

WKR
Watching this thread.
I have the bora pants and thought the same thing. I washed them twice and still not much change. Going to take them to the field next week and put them to the test. Hopefully with some use they will quiet down some.

WKR

WKR
Can't comment on the bora but I have the dalibor and I use it for both rifle/bow. It's a good quiet jacket.

OP
J

Jakerex

WKR
As high tech as the bora is, it is pretty noisy which isn’t great for its main purpose for me, hunting rifle, archery, muzzleloader. I might just send it back and pick up the dalibor unless someone can convince me otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just had my Bora jacket come in yesterday. Yes it is a bit noisey, sounds like a nylon jacket. Very swishy sounding when walking or moving arms. I don't think washing this jacket is going to make it any less noisey. It fits great, but probably not an archery jacket. Mine will be used for rifle. I have another outer layer I use for archery.

Stingray

Lil-Rokslider
I know a few guys who say it quieted down pretty good after wearing and washing a few times. i Think it just takes a little time. I have a Dalibor. It is the quietest jacket I own. But it isn’t wind Proof. It does cut the wind and with The right layers ive worn it in cold high country hunts in Colorado, but my sitka jetstream is better for windy and cold temps than my dalibor. Still, the Dalibor is nice.

Stingray

Lil-Rokslider
I should add that I have a schooler fabric soft shell (non hunting) from a high end mountaineering company. After a few times of washing and wearing it has softened and quieted. But it isn’t silent. It would, if it’s want black, be quiet enough for hunting elk in spot and stalk.

I don't have anything in the Bora line, but the Tora pants did make a little noise when I was out for the first time with them. Haven't washed them yet so I have yet to see if they with quiet down. Not such a big deal for rifle season in Wyoming where the wind howls.