Kryptek Bora Pants.

OP
J

Jakerex

WKR
34x32, 36x32, and 38x42 still very good price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buck197

WKR
The Kryptel Cronos vest is 39 bucks on Amazon, and it's prime. Highlander camo is the cheap priced one.

Buck197

WKR
Never used a vest, but seems like a good enough deal to give a try.
I have a different Kryptek vest, wore it most of this winter under a mid weight jacket, the layering kept me from breaking out the heavy cathartic. I sure like mine, and fixing to order this vest in a second, just as it seems like a steal.

USMC2378

Lil-Rokslider
On Amazon the bora pants average between $125 and $180 for the regular lengths. That’s about 50% off.

This is what is what I got from Kryptek. The Tora pant without a base-layer is good between that 50-65 degree range - with a base-layer between 40-50 degrees.
The Bora pant without a base-layer is good between that 35-45 degree range - with a base-layer between 20-35 degree range.

The Bora pant weighs about 24oz, the Tora pant weighs about 20oz.

USMC2378

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t. Sorry I can’t help. There are a couple pairs in the classifieds.....maybe someone could weigh em up for you.

The jacket isn’t heavy, like softshell shell type. I wouldn’t think the pants are heavy. I think they are a more late season pant because they’re windoroof. Don’t really know though.

This is what is what I got from Kryptek. The Tora pant without a base-layer is good between that 50-65 degree range - with a base-layer between 40-50 degrees.
The Bora pant without a base-layer is good between that 35-45 degree range - with a base-layer between 20-35 degree range.

The Bora pant weighs about 24oz, the Tora pant weighs about 20oz.

USMC2378

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you, going to try a pair out

This is from the review on the Bora pants here on the site.
I might consider going with the Bora pant and skipping the Takur and Tora pants. Bora is their soft shell line, but supposedly, the fabric on the Bora stuff is the same as on the Takur raingear, just not seam-sealed so it's not considered fully waterproof. I'm guessing unless you're working on a commercial crab fishing boat or live on the ocean floor or something you could get by with the Bora pants as both your raingear and everyday hunting pant.

OP
J

Jakerex

WKR
This is from the review on the Bora pants here on the site.
I might consider going with the Bora pant and skipping the Takur and Tora pants. Bora is their soft shell line, but supposedly, the fabric on the Bora stuff is the same as on the Takur raingear, just not seam-sealed so it's not considered fully waterproof. I'm guessing unless you're working on a commercial crab fishing boat or live on the ocean floor or something you could get by with the Bora pants as both your raingear and everyday hunting pant.

Is this true.....would love to know for sure if the bora and takur are the same???

OP
J

Jakerex

WKR
I emailed Kryptek just waiting for them to answer.

Probably be like when I emailed them asking for a discount code cause I’ve bought so much of their gear....crickets

Is this true.....would love to know for sure if the bora and takur are the same???

It is for sure the same. The bora has a little different feel on the inside, almost fleeced, and isn’t seam sealed, otherwise they are identical. The bora set has been really good to me. I don’t carry additional rain gear and have never missed it. The bora pants are a little warm for early season. I’ll be picking up a pair of tora pants this year.

USMC2378

Lil-Rokslider
You ever get a response?

Never got a response from Kryptek at all. I do keep seeing reviews though on the Bora line about how good the water repellency is, the schoeller fabric seems to be one of the best out there for waterproofness.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I emailed Kryptek just waiting for them to answer.
Fabric is the same, the Bora isn't seam taped and the pants aren't the same as far as pockets, zippers, etc. The Bora pants come in waist sizes and the Takur pants are S,M,L, XL etc.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk