Administrator
Staff member
Isn't kryptek made in China? :)
Jumping off the Kuiu bandwagon dotman!?

Oh no, dotman!

eatingcrow_zpse71e4e0e.jpg

Shrek

WKR
Kryptek never represented their product as being north american then switching without announcing it until customers started to receive Chinese clothing. It's the bait and switch that leaves a bad taste. If kryptek wins the military contact they will have to set up domestic production and would hopefully offer some to the general public. I'm hoping they win !

Last edited:

Shrek

WKR
Dotman , I started to contact kryptek about raw goods but the email for the guy who handles it didn't work. They sent me another email address but I never followed up. Have you contacted kryptek and beyond clothing about the raw goods and beyond working with their fabrics ?

dotman

WKR
Dotman , I started to contact kryptek about raw goods but the email for the guy who handles it didn't work. They sent me another email address but I never followed up. Have you contacted kryptek and beyond clothing about the raw goods and beyond working with their fabrics ?

I haven't talked to Kryptek but Beyond will possibly do it. Cost will not change.

BigSurArcher

Banned

Same here, my emails would not send to the address I was given. I want some Highlander fabric to make some bino cases and stuff. If you get ahold of some info and fill me in, I'll do the same for you.

Kryptek never represented their product as being north american then switching without announcing it until customers started to receive Chinese clothing. It's the bait and switch that leaves a bad taste. If kryptek wins the military contact they will have to set up domestic production and would hopefully offer some to the general public. I'm hoping they win !

Were not entirely serious while poking fun at Dotman, Dave. :) Its almost march and we're bored and giving eachother a little bit of hell is a great way to pass the time!

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think it will be hard for Kryptek to maintain both a gear line and a series of camo patterns under the same name as more gear utilizes their patterns. (Like Realtree).. Perhaps they will go with Kryptek for the camo development and "ElkReaper" for the clothing line utilizing their camo. : )

You can already get Kryptek camo gear, Made in the USA...
http://www.wildthingsgear.com/catal...1491/?productId=p_20182&startingPointId=20292
Spendy... :)

dotman

WKR
"Hi Tim-
Familiar with Beyond and met them at OR. *I will be at IWA next week and speak to Tom Davin as well – we do have some things in the works as well on US Made apparel.

Thank you for reaching out and let's touch base again when I return. We have a booth at IWA so if you are attending please come by and see us.

V.r.
Greg"

Just a quick teaser from the President of Kryptek :). I also heard back from Beyond and they are interested.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks High Country, I had a wild hair after I saw the above link and have a couple of things on order.I will post a review once I receive them.
Nice! I have heard many good things about Wild Things.. : ) Look forward to seeing what you put together..

phil

FNG
I just received my Valahalla krytec pants,. They weigh 11.7 oz. I also have the kuiu attack 15.6 oz. I love them both.

Cool. With the lighter weight, has the breath-ability improved with the 2013 lineup also? I found the first set too hot for three out of four seasons in Arizona.