Kryptek Clothing for 2013

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey Everyone,

I've had several questions about some of the new clothing from Kryptek for 2013, so I figured I would go through everything and give a brief explanation.

Poseidon Lightweight Rain----pants 10.5oz---jacket---13oz

This is one of the lightest sets of rain gear you'll find and built with the backpack hunter in mind. The pants have a full leg zip (boot to hip), but the top has a half zip. The Poseidon isn't as quite as the Koldo, but will compress down to something the size of a coke can.

Dalibor lightweight Softshell----pants 23.4oz--- jacket 17.7oz

If an of you met me at the shows, this was the jacket I was wearing; designed for early season/mild weather, with multiple pocket (2 arm, 2 chest and 2 on your side). The jacket has a DWR finish and very quite shell.

Kratos Minus Vest 10.5oz

This vest is just like the current Kratos jacket (one of my favorite puffy jackets), but without sleeves.

Borealis hybrid baselayer 16.2oz

I've gotten a ton of questions of this one, as it's a one of a kind. Designed for use while wearing a backpack, the Borealis is a puffy jacket like the Kratos in the chest/front, but Merino on the back and arms. So when you're hiking in cold or windy conditions with a backpack on, your chest will be kept warm, and you won't sweat like crazy on your back.

Cerdic II Hoodie 14.3oz

A kick ass hooded sweater

Helios Hot Weather Shirt 7.1oz

The Helios is another UL top, that will be perfect for super warm weather. This is kind of like those breathable/light weight fishing shirts, but quite and built for a hunter.

Attila High Loft Fleece 16.7oz

The Attila is an intermediate layer in cold weather, but a great option for an outer layer as well.

New Alios pant 23.0oz

The old Alios was my least favorite piece in 2012 (because of fit and material), but the 2013 design is 4 way stretch and a completely different cut. To give you an idea, this is slightly heavier than the Sitka Ascent, but lighter than the Kuiu Attack. I have tested these a bunch, and for a "do all" pant, they're a great choice (fit, material and pockets).

New Valhalla pant

The 2013 Valhalla is using a new material (more stretch) and should be the lightest weight hunting pant on the market. In 2012 I used the Valhalla exclusively, so I'm pretty excited about the new material and design, as I sweat like a son-of-a in hot weather.

shaun

WKR
I almost pulled the trigger on the 2012 stuff. cabelas in reno had it on blow out glad I waited

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
Sweet, can't wait to see the new stuff. Is the new soft shell jacket (Dalibor) hooded or hoodless? Thanks for the post Aron.

dotman

WKR
In the hands the Valhalla pants feel like about half the weight of Kuiu attack pants.

Trout bum

Lil-Rokslider
Hey Aron,

Thanks for the update. I do not own any Kryptek gear yet. The Borealis sounds like a cool product. You may have answered this elsewhere but when will it be available online? Thanks.

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
You guys wouldn't regret owning this Kryptek clothing! Aron did a great job at highlighting the products indeed! 2013 is a step above!

Dixie07

Lil-Rokslider
How is the fit of Kryptek gear? Also, what is the quality/durability of Kryptek compared to say Russel, KUIU, or Sitka? One big thing for me is having the jackets long enough in the back. How is Kryptek in that aspect? Thanks.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Would like to try out the new lightweight Vahalla pants...I like the lightest weight pants I can get usually. If I need it warmer I go with a base layer underneath, the lighter they are the faster they dry out after creek crossings. The Kuiu attacks are about the heaviest I ever care to go even for cold season. I can see the Vahallas getting the nod for all my summer and early fall stuff. Plus then they'd match my fancy pants pack I got on order. :D Might be working my way to being matching for the first time ever....does that mean the animals will come running at me now. :D

I have a the Koldo rain gear and really like it for extreme wet environments thus far. A little heavier than the Chugach but so far bomber.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Would like to try out the new lightweight Vahalla pants...I like the lightest weight pants I can get usually. If I need it warmer I go with a base layer underneath, the lighter they are the faster they dry out after creek crossings. The Kuiu attacks are about the heaviest I ever care to go even for cold season. I can see the Vahallas getting the nod for all my summer and early fall stuff. Plus then they'd match my fancy pants pack I got on order. :D Might be working my way to being matching for the first time ever....does that mean the animals will come running at me now. :D

I have a the Koldo rain gear and really like it for extreme wet environments thus far. A little heavier than the Chugach but so far bomber.