Kryptek Dalibor Pants and Jacket Review, By Jared Bloomgren

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
DSC_0132.jpg

Jared is one of those guys who gets it done year after year, often with limited time in the field due to deployments. Kryptek is very picky about who is on their Prostaff which is one reason we love to hear Jared's take on their latest gear. He has been using Kryptek gear since the early days and has stuck with them for good reason. He knows their products inside and out and knows how to pair and layer them for best performance in the field. This will be his first of a four article series explaining the ideal uses for some of their most popular kits. Matt Cashell is also doing an ongoing review of their Altitude Series that you can read here.

Here's Jared's first article in the series.
Kryptek Dalibor Pants and Jacket Review

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thank you Justin! If anybody has specific questions about any of the kits that I am doing these reviews on don’t hesitate to reach out to me!

Justin_the_EDG

Lil-Rokslider
Hey @Jared Bloomgren

Would you call the Dalibor pants a softshell? For some reason I was under the impression they were a light ss, but didn't see that mentioned. The site does say there is a knee laminate of some sort?

Thanks for the rundown! Looking forward to more.

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes they are a softshell style pant with a membrane on the knee area and pockets for knee pads. The membrane keeps your knee from soaking up moisture and getting wet while kneeling. Always recommend gaiters. Thanks for pointing out that I missed that!

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
The latest incarnation of the jacket, (Dalibor 3), no longer has pit zips. Still a very nice piece of gear, it just loses a star in my eyes. Why would they mess with perfection?

Correct you are with no pit zips and I have learned to like pit zips but there was a reason they have gone away on this piece. That reason is to allow for a better fit throughout the shoulders and pit area to maintain a more athletic cut. After wearing the new jacket without the pit zips it does fit better which I like! But...I still miss not being able to use them for ventilation when needed! How do I combat this? I think that if I need my pits open I downgrade to a vest and good base layer combined due to my activity which has raised by body temperature. If I get cool I’ll put the jacket back overtop. 6’s I have found.

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
126686Dalibor III in ND last weekend. Temps ranged from 20-35 degrees. High winds made it colder and the gear did great!

I have a Dalibor III Jacket and used it on a few hunts. Bought it a size up for layering - not baggy, and like it a lot. Being that there are no pit zips, my Kuiu Guide Jacket is still my choice for mountain hunts. But as an all-arounder the Dalibor has good fit, stretch, is quiet and smooth finish doesn’t pick up burrs. A good bowhunting jacket.

Last edited: