Kryptek, help me out.

Trial153

WKR
I am new to Kryptek geat, I might try a piece or two this year.

Name ONE must have Kryptek item that you have first hand experience with and you'd tell someone it's a must own.

Go......

Their hoplite merino is pretty nice and the Koldo rain jacket may not be the lightest, but that MFer is practically bullet proof! The wife and I both have the Koldo jacket and pants, very happy with all of our Kryptek gear.

Brendan

WKR
I can't tell you from personal experience with Kryptex, but the Schoeller-fabric Altitude line looks like the real deal.

Pretty sure Ryan Avery put in a vote for the Takur as the best rain jacket on the market. I'm shopping and interested, but I'd probably have to let go a nice Arc'Teryx Alpha SV to make that purchase.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Takur Rain gear is tough stuff! Very happy with it. Used it 5-10 days last year. Not the quietest but most rain gear isn’t.

Tora/Jacket n pant: tough and great for early season. Little loud until washed but takes a beating. Crotch sewing will look like it’s gonna separate on day one, but it’s just the design and never ripped for me. Did a season with it, prolly 20 days. One little tear in lower pant leg that’s never gone anywhere. Good looking stuff too

Gahr puffy jacket, warm, light, durable. Had a season on that one, maybe 25 days?

Vellus and Anorak jacket/coat/pants, warm, quiet but not UL. Great for October to December. I’ve got 4 seasons on the jacket and pants. Probably 30-50 days if I had to guess (as I wear other clothing each season too).

I’ve reviewed them all. I’ll post the links if needed.

@Jared Bloomgren has likely tried (and reviewed) 90%of their lines going back years if you have questions for him.

Let us know what you pick and how it does for you.

oh but in the spirit of your question, if I had to pick just “one“ it would be the GAHR. Tons of uses for it, all seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am new to Kryptek geat, I might try a piece or two this year.

Name ONE must have Kryptek item that you have first hand experience with and you'd tell someone it's a must own.

Go......

Trial153, take a look at my multiple review articles on Kryptek gear here on Rokslide. Lots of information there on specific pieces of their clothing. Very hard for me to pick a favorite because the technicalities for each time of year changes for what pieces I am using. If you tell me what season I will tell you my favorite pieces for that style of hunt and time of year.

GunsUp

FNG
If you are fan of podcasts, Kifaru Cast did an episode with the founders of Kryptek and its definitely worth the listen!

KU_Geo

WKR
Anyone know if there's a discount code available? I missed the fathers day sale and want to pick up a takur jacket

cjl32

Lil-Rokslider
Valhalla pants. If they had side zip vents I would sell my Tiburons. The Lykos II puffy is hard to beat when it's on sale for around $90.

2britts

FNG
I'm new to the technical clothing market, found Rokslide about two years ago after I'd booked my first elk hunt and was researching gear and clothing. Along the way I picked up an Aquillo puffy, Poseidon rain jacket and a Valhalla shirt all on great clearance prices. I can't compare them to similar items of other companies but I'm very pleased with the purchases. Comfort, performance and fit has me considering other pieces that aren't being cleared out.

I've got almost all of the kryptek lines. Some of my favorite pieces are the dalibor jackets and pants. the aquillo jacket. Kratos pants and the lykos jackets.