Kryptek, help me out.

yellarcat

Lil-Rokslider
The Tora is the lightest pants we have in the Alitude line. Its a lightweight, nylon breathable pant but you can throw a light baselayer on under it and wear it actively in pretty cool conditions. The Bora is considered a "softshell" with a tricot lining.

Hope this helps!
Thanks C.Ryan. Would you say the Bora is too warm for early season bow hunting?

Bru2

FNG
I decided to try out the vellus line from kryptek. I have both the vellus pants and jacket and would recommend either one. The pants are super warm for later season hunts and the jacket is just a great overall jacket for all seasons. Because they’re fleece they’re super quiet and warm but they are also water resistant which is a super plus.

i'm really considering some Kryptek altitude... really want to try the takur set, but it's a little scary dropping the money when i have something that works for me (kuiu kutana storm shell and yukon) if the takur is as durable, i would be all for it, but i would have to make the investment to find out.... which i likely will. i have 2 seasons on my current rain gear, and historically i'll need new rain gear next year.

i absolutely plan on replacing the stuff i do need with altitude, which is a few pieces... rain gear is the only thing that's a little risky, but all signs point to it being legit gear. the oregon coast exploits the weaknesses of rain gear.

The Tora is the lightest pants we have in the Alitude line. Its a lightweight, nylon breathable pant but you can throw a light baselayer on under it and wear it actively in pretty cool conditions. The Bora is considered a "softshell" with a tricot lining.

Hope this helps!
I went with the Tora pant since Sportman's Warehouse was clearing them out. Wore them the second half of this season and loved them. Wore merino under them for a frosty 30 degree morning and they were still comfortable when it got to the mid 50s. Now just trying to figure out if I need the Tora or Bora Jacket for next year.

dony

FNG
Valhalla pants. Got a sale pair for $40 and have tried everything out there. Can't beat em. I get hot easy so maybe not for everyone, but due to their 4 way stretch and extremely fast drying times (like a couple minutes it seems) I can walk in the 40s and rain and wet baby pines all day, or sit in a stand in the 50s with rain and be fine. As long as you are ok being wet. The drop in side pockets are perfect and I have never in years of climbing and hiking had any phone, call, or windcheck fall out. The simplicity of it can't be beat, but I could go for more tapered legs.

dony

FNG
Valhalla pants. Got a sale pair for $40 and have tried everything out there. Can't beat em. I get hot easy so maybe not for everyone, but due to their 4 way stretch and extremely fast drying times (like a couple minutes it seems) I can walk in the 40s and rain and wet baby pines all day, or sit in a stand in the 50s with rain and be fine. As long as you are ok being wet. The drop in side pockets are perfect and I have never in years of climbing and hiking had any phone, call, or windcheck fall out. The simplicity of it can't be beat, but I could go for more tapered legs.
Update. I had a phone fall out the side pocket while doing the squat walk to sneak up on antelope. Luckily was able to backtrack my steps a couple hundred yards or so after the shot.

Steepandeep1

Lil-Rokslider
Takur Rain gear is tough stuff! Very happy with it. Used it 5-10 days last year. Not the quietest but most rain gear isn’t.

Tora/Jacket n pant: tough and great for early season. Little loud until washed but takes a beating. Crotch sewing will look like it’s gonna separate on day one, but it’s just the design and never ripped for me. Did a season with it, prolly 20 days. One little tear in lower pant leg that’s never gone anywhere. Good looking stuff too

Gahr puffy jacket, warm, light, durable. Had a season on that one, maybe 25 days?

Vellus and Anorak jacket/coat/pants, warm, quiet but not UL. Great for October to December. I’ve got 4 seasons on the jacket and pants. Probably 30-50 days if I had to guess (as I wear other clothing each season too).

I’ve reviewed them all. I’ll post the links if needed.

@Jared Bloomgren has likely tried (and reviewed) 90%of their lines going back years if you have questions for him.

Let us know what you pick and how it does for you.

oh but in the spirit of your question, if I had to pick just “one“ it would be the GAHR. Tons of uses for it, all seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How is the sizing on the Takur jacket? I wear a L or XL in just about everything but based on the Kryptek size chart I would need the XXL. Any insight on this?
Thank you,
Cody C

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
How is the sizing on the Takur jacket? I wear a L or XL in just about everything but based on the Kryptek size chart I would need the XXL. Any insight on this?
Thank you,
Cody C
hey my man, old review and I can't remember my sizes (still wearing the gear 4+ years later) but I did a YT review and I (probably) mention sizing in here:

Whatever the size, it fits me well, but can't remember if I sized up or down