Kryptek, help me out.

RyanC

WKR
Tora pant and Takur rain jacket. I've hunted in them for 3 seasons and both are still holding up and without stitching issues. During my 2017 sheep hunt in the Brooks range I packed out my ram for 9 hours in the rain. When I stopped, set up my tent, and took off everything, the inside of the rain jacket and my undershirt were dry...I was pleasantly surprised. My Tora pants were very wet, as expected, but what was amazing was 3 hours later when I got up to finish my pack out to the airstrip, those Tora pants were dry!! I couldn't believe it.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
It's been said but their Altitude Rain Gear is the "Best" I have used and I hate that ******* word.

The Ghar is a close second.

Last edited:

Scorpion

WKR
Any of the three jackets/pants from the Altitude line. I really like the Bora and Takur.

DrewPNW

FNG
I've got almost all of the kryptek lines. Some of my favorite pieces are the dalibor jackets and pants. the aquillo jacket. Kratos pants and the lykos jackets.

I’m going to be hunting this November Elk rifle season in the Oregon Coast range. Average highs that time of year in mid / low 50’s... and you can count on some rain. What would you recommend in the Kryptek line for an active hunt in those conditions?

I have a lot of Kryptek. The first things I got were the old dalibor pants , which I’ve been wearing now for 5 or 6 years I guess along with the Einar jacket. They don’t even make that anymore. I’ll probably replace that with a new Dalibor jacket. I really like those items for most of NC hunting along with their hooded sweat shirt and the old vest they had. I would assume it would be similar to their Cadog vest. I also have the old Kratos jacket and pants that I may throw in my pack if it’s going to be cold and I plan on sitting a bunch.
My newest set I got is the Cadog set of jacket and pants. I haven’t used it a ton simply because it hasn’t been really cold enough for me to use them. I will say that set doesn’t seem as “ wind proof” as the claim. I think my next purchase is going to be the Koldo or Poseidon rain jacket to help cut wind and moisture for my Montana elk hunt in November.
As said in previous post it’s tough to pick a favorite simply because each piece has a specific spot for me depending g on the weather.
Oh, I also have their Lykos puffy in black that is my daily run around winter jacket. I LOVE that thing. They had it for awhile in the highlander pattern and I was thinking about that as part of my layering under my Einar jacket but I don’t think they have it anymore.
I don’t have any of thealtitude stuff. To pricey for my blood.

L
I’m going to be hunting this November Elk rifle season in the Oregon Coast range. Average highs that time of year in mid / low 50’s... and you can count on some rain. What would you recommend in the Kryptek line for an active hunt in those conditions?

Depending on the lows I don’t think you could go wrong with the Dalibor set. Pants and jacket with a decent base layer and vest maybe. Then a rain shell. Others may have better suggestions.
In Nc I wear my Dalibor pants and Einar jacket (which is a basically an old Dalibor with a wind stop in it) almost exclusively past about October 15 and just layer up or down depending on low temps. Before that I wear the Valhalla set with my Einar jacket if I need it. Our deer season is pretty mild all the way until very late for the most part.

DrewPNW

FNG
L

Depending on the lows I don’t think you could go wrong with the Dalibor set. Pants and jacket with a decent base layer and vest maybe. Then a rain shell. Others may have better suggestions.
In Nc I wear my Dalibor pants and Einar jacket (which is a basically an old Dalibor with a wind stop in it) almost exclusively past about October 15 and just layer up or down depending on low temps. Before that I wear the Valhalla set with my Einar jacket if I need it. Our deer season is pretty mild all the way until very late for the most part.

Thank you! That’s what I was thinking, Dalibor with a rain shell to throw in the pack and then layer as needed. So far I have a merino base layer (non Kryptek), the Hyperion 1/4 zip for early season, and was planning on adding the Cronos hoodie and the Dalibor set, maybe a vest. Thanks again!

Thank you! That’s what I was thinking, Dalibor with a rain shell to throw in the pack and then layer as needed. So far I have a merino base layer (non Kryptek), the Hyperion 1/4 zip for early season, and was planning on adding the Cronos hoodie and the Dalibor set, maybe a vest. Thanks again!
I think that will do you pretty well.

C.payne

WKR

Let me know if you want a Cronos Hoody.
I have a Brand new with tags Cronos hoody - Highlander camo - size Large.

DrewPNW

FNG
I’m interested, I’d shoot you a PM but I’m a new member and still in new user purgatory haha.

Cb750

FNG

I'm not looking to jump the line I'm just curious about the cronos hoody. I've been debating which grid fleece to get and I like the highlander camo and it would do double duty for me. As far as a grid fleece goes is there anything special about it? The badlands flex seems more feature rich for less money.

Cb750

FNG

I've been looking hard at kryptek lately. Let me know your thoughts on the hyperion if you get a chance to use it? I'm actually more looking for a late season turkey shirt or early bear season in humid Ontario September maybe double duty as sun protection in the summer while fishing.
Thanks.

Plumb Bob

FNG
So far pretty pleased with the ghar puffy. Only reason I need a second one is my wife always has mine on😂

I really like the fit and feel of the Takar rain gear, but have’t had It more than one season to comment on durability yet

I would look at the Poseidon line and the dalibor line. I also like the lykos and the kratos for a lightweight insulating layer.

spc7669

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Dalibor jacket and love it. I plan to add some Altitude pieces this year.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Takur jacket. Close second is the Ghar. If the Ghar had a hood it would be first.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

yellarcat

Lil-Rokslider
Kryptek's website is very spotty on some details. How warm are the Tora pants compared to the other ones they carry? Looking for something for early season Elk hunt.

Kryptek Outdoor Group

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
The Tora is the lightest pants we have in the Alitude line. Its a lightweight, nylon breathable pant but you can throw a light baselayer on under it and wear it actively in pretty cool conditions. The Bora is considered a "softshell" with a tricot lining.

Hope this helps!