Kryptek Jacket Question

BrianB

FNG
Which jacket should I be looking at as an outer layer for a late Oct. to mid Nov. Oregon hunt? Right now I have a merino base and a Sitka Traverse shirt. Wanting to try some Kryptek gear this time.

cmeier117

WKR
Are you wanting a softshell? Or a rain jacket? I would say the Dalibor or Cadog depending on how cold blooded you are? The Koldo might be a good choice to for rain gear.

OP
B

BrianB

FNG
Right now, looking for a softshell. Rain gear is next on the list.

cmeier117

WKR
I haven't touched either of them yet but what type of hunting are you going to be doing? I would be worried that the Cadog would be too warm.

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
I used the Cadog last year and it did very well. In temps down to about 25 degrees I was comfortable with just a baselayer underneath while on the move. Temperatures above 30 degrees you may want to go a bit lighter making the Dalibor a good contender. Another thing to consider is the wind. The Cadog will cut wind a bit better as well.

I wore the Cadog last year in a variety of temperatures ranging from -10 to 50 degrees. The layering that you wear underneath makes this jacket very verstatile for sure.

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
I should also add that the Cadog has wrist cuffs as well as pit zips. The pit zips really help when you get sweated up. I am a huge fan of the Cadog and I look forward to trying the Dalibor this year to see how it stacks up.

I cannot say which I like better because I haven't tried my Dalibor yet.

OP
B

BrianB

FNG
Thanks Jared. How does the Cadog compare to the Sitka Jetstream, which is also on my radar.

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
Although I have never wore the Sitka Jetstream and connot say by experience I can only tell you what I know. I would say the Sitka Jetstream will will a warmer jacket than the Kryptek Cadog. Features are a bit different as well. The Jetstream has a hood built in and what they call windstopper technology. Both of those features will make it a warmer jacket and built for colder temps. The Kryptek jacket that would be more comparable to the Jeststream would be the Aegis.

Another great feature of the Kryptek line is the Epic camo as well! ;)

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
Now if you compare the Sitka Jetstream against the Kryptek Aegis I feel the Aegis takes the lead due to it being 100% waterproof!

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I agree with Jared, and I've owned the JS and Cadog.

Jetstream is going to be a better option between the two, especially with the JS being more wind resistant. The Hood is also a bonus on the JS.

I wanted to switch to kryptek because that camo has really grown on me but most importantly I like that the owners are veterans and would rather support that than just another person. But having said that I use the kuiu guide jacket and its just perfect. It cuts the wind well is super light handles light rains well. I use it in the blue mountains and like I said its perfect. If kryptek made a jacket that was as good as the guide jacket I would have made the switch.