Kryptek kratos primaloft jacket

Manosteel

WKR
Anyone know the weight of the Kryptek kratos primaloft jacket? And how well does it compress?

Also what are your thoughts on the jacket for those who have used it in the field. There is a great sale at cabales for one right now and im thinking Of picking one up.

Thanks for any input.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I had one...I think its a really nice jacket for another insulation layer for sure!!! It was the lightest primaloft jacket I have owned and the stretch on the sides and arm pit areas make it very comfy to wear. However, for my uses it wasn't quite warm as my other jackets that I like with a full 100 grams of insulation. That said, I don't think many on here feel the need for that for a full 100 grams of primaloft insulation most of the time and 60 grams would be sufficient, especially if you have a soft shell jacket along as well.

Overall its a great jacket and that price at Cabelas is hard to beat!!!

Last edited:

Floorguy

WKR
I got to check one out and wish I had gotten it over the kuiu spindrift. The material appears sturdier the primaloft doesn't start poking out. It has a stuff sack instead of packing into its own pocket.

OP
Manosteel

Manosteel

WKR
Thanks for the input,
Kyptek clothing (last years stuff) 40% off at my locale cabales is too good a deal to pass up, will probably pick up the Vidar Softshell Vest as well.

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
One of my favorite jackets! Weight to warmth ratio is pretty good, comfortable, extremely light and very packable!

OP
Manosteel

Manosteel

WKR
Thanks for the advice, I picked up the kryptek Kratos insulated jacket, Vidar vest and Alaois pants. I am truly turning into a gear junkie.

I love the Kratos jacket, it is so comfortable and the fit is fantastic. I literally wore it all evening, shovelling snow, working in the garage, running to the store, ( I usually never wear camo outside of actual hunting or other related outdoor activities) but this jacket fit so well I just didn't want to take it off. We are entering spring so the weather was mild yesterday, it was only -13 to -10 C ( 8 to 14 F) and I was perfectly happy, warm, dry and comfortable.

The vidar vest fits perfect, and looks great. Both items are going to make my gear list!

The Alaios field pant fit like my levis which means they feel a little tight on the knees and have narrow thigh areas, cup the rear end (according to my wife), A very athletic fit but I'm not 100% sure on how they will work in the field, I will definitely be using them in training with the pack to see how they work, hopeful they will break-in and become more articulating in the knees and thigh areas. Not in love with this item like I am with the first 2. But I can't complain about the price :)

FYI

Kratos insulated jacked (in stuff sack) - 18.8 oz
Vidar Vest - 14.3 oz
Alaios field pant - 20 oz