Kryptek shoutout

Rick653

FNG
Wanted to give Kryptek a shout-out for their vellus jacket. I picked up this jacket for late season archery whitetail in Ohio. I wore it in some sub 20s weather, but no real snow or wind.

Well, we are getting blasted with snow and wind, so I wore this jacket all day working outside. I can confirm it's wind and waterproof. Excellent jacket, I'll probably pick up some aegis bibs next season because of it.

jtivat

Lil-Rokslider
Wanted to give Kryptek a shout-out for their vellus jacket. I picked up this jacket for late season archery whitetail in Ohio. I wore it in some sub 20s weather, but no real snow or wind.

Well, we are getting blasted with snow and wind, so I wore this jacket all day working outside. I can confirm it's wind and waterproof. Excellent jacket, I'll probably pick up some aegis bibs next season because of it.
I picked up the Aegis bibs today on Camofire at 42% off not sure if they have any left but that's a good deal.

quaggy25

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Aegis jacket and bibs. Sat in -7F with just UA cold gear base layers for a couple hours and didn’t even feel the cold. Could have went longer. Camo fire has had them up a couple times the past month or so. Can always call them to see what they have left.

The Aegis bibs and jacket will burn you up! I love mine. Been using them in the last two below 0 arctic blasts for driveway maintenance in the tractor. Come back in sweaty every time.

It didn’t get cold enough to sit in a tree with them this past season. I‘m sure these are the answer to frigid days.

And a further shoutout to Kryptek. I have stuck to them and Kuiu. More of the time, I find myself grabbing the Kryptek stuff. It just works.

12wander

FNG
I’ve had the Aegis bibs and jacket a couple seasons now and completely happy with it. Got it at quite a discount on Camofire also. The material does a decent job at collecting burs which is a plus in one of my spots.

OP
Rick653

Rick653

FNG
I picked up my vellus jacket from camofire because I was not happy with the system I was using. I think the only comparable deal for quality gear would be badlands on black Friday. It's hard to spend 400+ on one piece of gear when you can get a whole set at that price

BluMtn

WKR
I have had a vellus for several years and wear it most of my late hunting seasons unless it gets below 0 then switch to my heavy cabelas whitetail coat.

jd1006

WKR
wish they made the Bora in a solid color. That’s the only reason I havent tried it out. I have the Vellus Anorak and for late season whitetail, it’s awesome. Pit zips for keeping air moving while going to the stand, and heavy waterproof fleece for staying work while not as mobile. There’s nothing quite like it out there.

Kryptek Outdoor Group

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
wish they made the Bora in a solid color. That’s the only reason I havent tried it out. I have the Vellus Anorak and for late season whitetail, it’s awesome. Pit zips for keeping air moving while going to the stand, and heavy waterproof fleece for staying work while not as mobile. There’s nothing quite like it out there.
Check out our Argo Jacket - (LINK: https://store.kryptek.com/catalog/product/shop-all/argo-jacket/) it's on sale right now. It does not have the scholar fabric as the Altitude line does however, it is an awesome jacket and aside from the Bora, it's my favorite (mid-season) softshell jacket that we currently sell!

I have the Vellus jacket and pants. I wear the jacket without layers, while late season deer hunting in NY. Toasty warm, comfortable and quiet.

My legs rarely get cold, so I've yet to wear the pants. They come on every hunt, though, just in case. Wish to hell they'd put full length legs zippers on them. That's my pet peeve with all these garment manufacturers.

98XJRC

Lil-Rokslider
I started with the Valhalla line for early season hunts. The clothing does well and I haven't had issues with over heating. Towards mid season I'll toss on a base layer and continue with the Valhalla stuff and then use Njord jacket when I'm in the tree. Last season I didn't even break out the Njord pants as I wasn't hunting when it got cold enough to use them. I've been out in the teens with the Njord clothing line and was comfortable while sitting in the stand. I need to pack the Njord in though as I will overheat wearing it in. For Kryptek's more affordable line the Njord definitely has me impressed.

The Highlander pattern did ok in the PA woods, however I'm definitely intrigued by the new Skyfall.