Kryptek sizing

mcmurder77

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone have experience with the kryptek sizing? I'm looking at buying a couple of items off of the altitude line and I'm not sure where I'll land.
For reference I am 6'1" and 220 right now, usually around 200-210

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

marktole

WKR
I'm 6', and have ranged from 180-205# in the past couple years.

I wear a large top in every brand I have tried, Kryptek large tops fit me very well so I'd say they run true to size.

I'm a 33" waist and I have had some 34 waist kryptek stuff in the past, it seemed to fit a little looser than I think a 34 pair of jeans would have. I also never got the chance to try the 32 waist in anything they have. As for the inseam, I always went for the 35" length and although there was plenty of slack, that's better than having my pant leg ride up over my boot when I'm sitting or busting brush.

Luckily if you order something and it doesn't fit great, Kryptek is good about exchanging stuff for you. Hope that hleps.

OP
M

mcmurder77

Lil-Rokslider
I'm 6', and have ranged from 180-205# in the past couple years.

I wear a large top in every brand I have tried, Kryptek large tops fit me very well so I'd say they run true to size.

I'm a 33" waist and I have had some 34 waist kryptek stuff in the past, it seemed to fit a little looser than I think a 34 pair of jeans would have. I also never got the chance to try the 32 waist in anything they have. As for the inseam, I always went for the 35" length and although there was plenty of slack, that's better than having my pant leg ride up over my boot when I'm sitting or busting brush.

Luckily if you order something and it doesn't fit great, Kryptek is good about exchanging stuff for you. Hope that hleps.
Thank you. It helps a lot.
I may just go with L in both and return the fleece layer if it doesnt layer well.
A sitka Apex in XL is about perfect on me, but it sounds like Kryptek stuff may run a tag bigger than the sitka stuff.

marktole

WKR
Thank you. It helps a lot.
I may just go with L in both and return the fleece layer if it doesnt layer well.
A sitka Apex in XL is about perfect on me, but it sounds like Kryptek stuff may run a tag bigger than the sitka stuff.

I've got a Sitka Apex in L that fits me well, and I wear large tops in Kryptek too, if that makes any difference. Pants run a tad big in my experience, tops are pretty spot on I think.

RyanC

WKR
I have the full line of Kryptek Altitude and here's what I have found. For reference I'm 5'11'' and 180lbs. I wear 32" waist street clothes and size Large T-shirts. I have a 42" chest....again all for reference.

All of my tops, jackets, and coats are Size Large and fit very good. The Tora pants are 32x32 and fit good with a little extra in the length and the waist....I have to wear a belt with them. The Bora pants fit a little more snug, more of an Athletic fit. Not as much length to spare but fit me perfect and not as much extra in the waist but again, fit me perfect. The Takur rain pants I have in size medium regular and fit perfect.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions regarding any specific pieces feel free to PM me or ask them here and I'll answer them the best I can.

Ryan

OP
M

mcmurder77

Lil-Rokslider
I have the full line of Kryptek Altitude and here's what I have found. For reference I'm 5'11'' and 180lbs. I wear 32" waist street clothes and size Large T-shirts. I have a 42" chest....again all for reference.

All of my tops, jackets, and coats are Size Large and fit very good. The Tora pants are 32x32 and fit good with a little extra in the length and the waist....I have to wear a belt with them. The Bora pants fit a little more snug, more of an Athletic fit. Not as much length to spare but fit me perfect and not as much extra in the waist but again, fit me perfect. The Takur rain pants I have in size medium regular and fit perfect.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions regarding any specific pieces feel free to PM me or ask them here and I'll answer them the best I can.

Ryan
Thank you! It is very helpful.
Right now I'm really looking at the arma tech 1/2 zip and arma hoodie to start put with and compliment some of the gear I have from other companies.

RyanC

WKR
Thank you! It is very helpful.
Right now I'm really looking at the arma tech 1/2 zip and arma hoodie to start put with and compliment some of the gear I have from other companies.

I only have the Arma Hoodie....the Arma tech 1/2 zip is on order. The Arma Hoodie I've only had since last year so 1 season. I like it more than I thought I would. The full zip is very convenient. It's comfortable and a great mid-layer.

OP
M

mcmurder77

Lil-Rokslider
I only have the Arma Hoodie....the Arma tech 1/2 zip is on order. The Arma Hoodie I've only had since last year so 1 season. I like it more than I thought I would. The full zip is very convenient. It's comfortable and a great mid-layer.
Sounds great. Does the arma hoodie seem to be sized to fit over other layers well?

RyanC

WKR
Sounds great. Does the arma hoodie seem to be sized to fit over other layers well?

Yes, for sure. Mine is a size large and there is plenty of room in the chest/torso area for layers under.

grizz19

Lil-Rokslider
I wear all kryptek gear and everything seems to fit pretty true to size. I do have to say the pants are probably more of a relaxed,
Comfort type fit which I like for hiking but still wear my usual size.

CLP

FNG
I have most pieces in the Altitude line and I find the base layers to run true to size with outer garments made by Arcteryx, Black Diamond and some of the other mountaineering brands. It definately runs larger than Kuiu if you've used any of their stuff. I'm 6' and roughly 195 and I wear large all around in the tops.

OP
M

mcmurder77

Lil-Rokslider
I have most pieces in the Altitude line and I find the base layers to run true to size with outer garments made by Arcteryx, Black Diamond and some of the other mountaineering brands. It definately runs larger than Kuiu if you've used any of their stuff. I'm 6' and roughly 195 and I wear large all around in the tops.
Thanks for the input. I got a large in the arma tech, and a XL in the arma Hoodie.
I chatted quite a bit with the folks at Kryptek. I'll update with my fit status.