Kryptek Takur Pant as a Stand Alone?

I just picked up a pair of these. I know they're a rain pant, but I'm wondering if anyone has tried them as a stand alone pant by themselves? Any experience or suggestions on whether these would work well as a stand alone?

I have only used the Takur as rain pants but I have used the Takur jacket as a stand alone jacket in cool weather while hiking. Basically the way I would use a softshell or wind breaker. I wanted to see how breathable it was in non-rainy weather. The Takur jacket was very breathable, as much as any softshell I have. Plus with the pit zips it worked great as a windproof layer while walking along a ridgeline. They are so breathable that you don't get much heat trapped inside like most jackets so I found myself getting colder than with a normal jacket that keeps heat trapped in. But they are the most breathable rain gear I have ever used.

I probably won't use the pants as regular pants since they are pricy and my pants get harder use than my jackets do. They will not breath as well as a regular pant and are louder than lots of pants but if you need something waterproof/windproof they are great.