kryptek takur soaking through.....

I have had the kryptek takur jacket for a couple of years now but have worn it very little. This morning I wore it in a steady downpour for about 3-4 hours. I was surprised that the rain totally soaked through it. I was walking around pretty easy so it didn't wet out from the inside. Pretty disappointed that it soaked through the first time it really seen rain. I called kryptek and they suggested to re DWR it. Also, they said if that doesn't work get ahold of them because it shouldn't wet through. Just wondering if anyone else has had this experience? Did you re DWR it and make it better? I read that the schoeller fabric is amazing stuff....

bruno59

WKR
Been using the takur jacket now for years and never had it wet out now montana really does not get tons of rain but i have been in a few nasty storms and the jacket held up nice never wetting out it has been the best rain gear i own some others might chime in from wetter states and you could get some different answers

I had a bit of wetting out in all day rains as hunting season progressed. This seems to be across the board with hunting brand rain gear because of the focus on heavier denier face fabrics for higher abrasion resistance.

Takur and Sitka Stormfront are going to be the two best, but they’re not perfect.

OP
K
Thanks for the replies. I had some nikwax spray on that I treated the jacket with so I will wait till the next rainy day and give it a try. How fast will this jacket typically dry? I had on some kuiu attack pants knowing they would get wet but it was pretty warm out. I hung them both up to dry and the attack pants dried considerably faster. I know they are a totally different material, just curious. Thanks

Wrench

WKR
Mine kept my down jacket dry in an all day .5" rain. It did wet through near the pockets on a day that rained mega hard....but I found the pockets were open....and i had a couple cups of water in them.

Mine does not wet through under the shoulder straps of my pack with is the common weak point for rain gear.

Kryptek Outdoor Group

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
I have had the kryptek takur jacket for a couple of years now but have worn it very little. This morning I wore it in a steady downpour for about 3-4 hours. I was surprised that the rain totally soaked through it. I was walking around pretty easy so it didn't wet out from the inside. Pretty disappointed that it soaked through the first time it really seen rain. I called kryptek and they suggested to re DWR it. Also, they said if that doesn't work get ahold of them because it shouldn't wet through. Just wondering if anyone else has had this experience? Did you re DWR it and make it better? I read that the schoeller fabric is amazing stuff....
If your Takur rain system is leaking then this could be a manufacturing defect as this rain gear is 100% water proof and should not leak any water at all. Again, please reach back out to us regarding this and we will take care of you if this is in fact a defective jacket.

You can reach our customer service line at 1-877-577-2266

OP
K
Kryptek, Thanks for your response. I will reach out to you. That kind of customer service will definitely earn more of my business.....

Thanks for the replies. I had some nikwax spray on that I treated the jacket with so I will wait till the next rainy day and give it a try. How fast will this jacket typically dry? I had on some kuiu attack pants knowing they would get wet but it was pretty warm out. I hung them both up to dry and the attack pants dried considerably faster. I know they are a totally different material, just curious. Thanks
Can hop in the shower to see if it is leaking.

I hunt the high country of western WA in October, that is probably one of wettest places to hunt outside of SE Alaska. I can't think of a day in recent years where I wasn't wearing rain gear all day, whether from wet brush, snow falling from trees of just plain old rain. No breathable rain gear is perfect, the combination of wet brush or high winds with heavy rain will eventually wet out even the best rain gear. I have run 3 pairs of the kuiu chugach and it has worked well, however for the absolute wettest, nastiest conditions the Tarkur has been my go-to and the 'most waterproof' of all the breathable rain gear I've tried. I have a relatively new set (only worn on the worst days) so I can't speak to how it will perform after a few seasons of hard use. The Tarkur has kept me dry underneath in all day rain, with frequent tall brush, it also kept me totally dry when I hiked an exposed ridgetop in 50 mph winds for 4 hrs while it was raining .5" per hour (serious downpour). It has only wetted through pretty minor after a few days of use where it got dirty. If you get breathable rain gear dirty, it will wet out quickly no matter the brand. I have found frequent washing and dwr treatments to be the key to maintaining a 'waterproof' piece of gear. When my rain gear wets out right after a wash and dwr treatment, then I know it's time to be retired.