Kryptek Takur

JonathanT

FNG
Looking for input from anyone using the Kryptek Takur line of rain gear. I’ve read a few reviews and haven’t found a ton of info on this particular line. I’m curious what those with direct experience using the pants and jacket think. Thanks.

aaen

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for input from anyone using the Kryptek Takur line of rain gear. I’ve read a few reviews and haven’t found a ton of info on this particular line. I’m curious what those with direct experience using the pants and jacket think. Thanks.
I'd also like to know how they fit. I'm in the search for rain gear as well and vary interested in this line up.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

OP
J

JonathanT

FNG
I'd also like to know how they fit. I'm in the search for rain gear as well and vary interested in this line up.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
I purchased the Takur jacket last year because the price was to good to pass up and recently got the pants for over half off to complete the set. I used the jacket once on a hunt last year but outside of that have no experience with it. I wear a medium and I would say the jacket and pants are a true medium (I don’t feel like they run small). The fit is more athletic than not. Hope this helps.

I bought mine in November was able to use them a couple weeks ago for an archery tournament. Comfort amd breathability are second to none. Fit is petty much standard I wear an extra large jacket and 33-34 pants. I bought the extra long pant to help keep cuffs dry. Absolutely elated with the purchase so far...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

WKR
I bought mine in November was able to use them a couple weeks ago for an archery tournament. Comfort amd breathability are second to none. Fit is petty much standard I wear an extra large jacket and 33-34 pants. I bought the extra long pant to help keep cuffs dry. Absolutely elated with the purchase so far...

I'll bet that's the first time the word "elated" has been used on rokslide.

LJ Buck

WKR
The line uses Scholler fabrics which are the best in the world. You won’t be disappointed.

But i would say the Sitka dew point would work for most lower 48 hunts minus the NW.

OP
J

JonathanT

FNG
Anyone know if the material quietens after a lot of use?...this is what Kryptek told me. I feel like the material is a bit on the louder side, not that any rain gear is truly quiet. Zippers also clang around IMO but thank can be fixed.

Wrench

WKR
I definitely don't have zipper clang. The fabric will quiet some, but not a lot. As far as working as designed.....this is the most effective rain gear I've ever used. I bought the takur jacket after buying a pair of bora pants used and being blown away with the breathability of the material.

Cut is more athletic than not and sizing seems to be on par with sitka.

I have a set in the mail for my wife because I think it will keep her happy in any weather.

The scholler fabric is not the best for bow hunters trying to be stealth....but it is the rain gear I will judge others against.

Anyone know if the material quietens after a lot of use?...this is what Kryptek told me. I feel like the material is a bit on the louder side, not that any rain gear is truly quiet. Zippers also clang around IMO but thank can be fixed.
That's an interesting take. I have zero clang from the zippers.....

Sadler

WKR
It’s ridiculous how effective the Takur line is. I’ve been out in some pretty heavy rains with it for a few hours at a time and stayed dry. Fits great and I’d agree, it’s more athletic fit than regular.

Side note, I had the draw cord tensioner on my hood break a day or two before last season and the guys at Kryptek overnighted a new jacket to me so I could have it for the hunt. That’s the best customer service I’ve ever had so in my opinion, that makes the Takur that much better.

OP
J

JonathanT

FNG
Regarding the zippers clanging...it's more like an annoying jingle originating from the lower zipper tabs on either pant leg. The lower zipper pull tabs on either pant leg appear to be the only pull tabs that don't have a corded pull tab threaded through the metal pull tab. Makes sense as to why it's not be there, but awkwardly loud none the less...perhaps just for me. By no means a deal breaker as this can easily be corrected. My assessment on the zipper jingling is not from field use, just from walking around in my house deciding whether I want to keep the pants.

Mr. Beak

FNG
So with the pants being in the clearance cave of Kryptek (must be their first series) at $200 I am looking at possibly picking up a set. I am in the process of getting the Bora series, but is picking up the Takur really worth it in addition to Bora? I live in ND so no real washout rains, but if I can get the best rain pants on earth for that price should I jump at it?

Wrench

WKR
I now have the bora and takur pants.....totally different animals. The bora are traditional pants that are made with the same fabric and not taped seams. Expect to get some wet through when sitting in wet grass for extended times. The takur are typical rain over gear and might be the most waterproof garment I've yet used.

I tske the takur when i need flash rain protection as they're lighter and wear the bora as soon as wet season rolls in. The bora is my favorite rifle season pants.

Last edited:
i have been through a lot of rain gear over the years, and have tried about every high end option..... there are some things that just are what they are, and if you want rain gear that will actually keep you dry, it's going to be relatively loud..... there is no getting around it.

even though it's loud (comparatively) it's not really a big deal in any scenario that you will need raingear. i am going to order a set of Takur here soon, sounds like a pretty solid product

Venom One

WKR
I ordered the Takur jacket recently when it went on sale for Father's day (25% off). I'd become obsessed with getting one based on all the positive reviews and was confident it was going to be the most awesome jacket ever. I have no doubt the material is top-notch and IMO the hood design is the best out there because they have a collar that routes water out - not down your back. The only problem was that the sleeves were way too long and way too baggy; they didn't taper the forearm enough so there's a lot of material that flaps around above the wrist and below the forearm. I tried to come up with a bunch of solutions to address this "flapping" problem because I really wanted to keep the jacket, but the more "solutions" I came up with, the more I realized it was just going to be a lifetime of frustrations. I finally relented and sent it back. For reference, I'm a muscular 5'7", 170; perhaps the sleeve isn't a problem for taller people.

Attachments

• 20210731_065954.jpg
    20210731_065954.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 20210731_070014.jpg
    20210731_070014.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 28