Kryptek Vellus Review, By Jared Bloomgren

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Pic-3.jpg

Jared has been going through the different Kryptek kits and next up in this review series is the Vellus.

Kryptek Vellus Review

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Jared, i'm still wearing my Vellus stuff three years later. I can't even find a hole anywhere in it. Trying to get it back from my son's been tough! This was last week, he's wearing my Vellus pants and jacket:

bobinmi

WKR
If you were primarily a whitetail stand Hunter would you use the cadog or the vellus line for a mid season setup? I've already got a set of aegis ordered for the late season stuff.

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you were primarily a whitetail stand Hunter would you use the cadog or the vellus line for a mid season setup? I've already got a set of aegis ordered for the late season stuff.

I would have to go with the Vellus if just for stand hunting. If doing a lot of movement still hunting or stalking I would stick with the Cadog.

KRoch

FNG
Great review does your wife run colder than you normally? I like the idea of fleece but hate burrs

Stratman

FNG
Hi Jared,
I'm a MN. hunter and have gone this year from an enclosed cozy stand to ridge top ladder stand and found my 15 year old gear was not adequate for the late season wind/cold (0 and 10mph wind). I just purchased the Vellus jacket/pant and use Merino/fleece/puffy vest under that. I also picked up a used set of Cabelas MT050 bibs/jacket on the cheap. I know I can swap out the Kryptek for the Cabelas on frigid days but mostly wondering if I can or should add to the Vellus kit to get comfortable (I tend to run cold) in that zone rather than bringing a second kit or if I'm just overthinking the whole thing? I plan on doing some backyard sits when the temp drops again and having a hard time wrapping my head around how thin the kryptek gear is. Other than a 1/2 mile walk/climb, it's all sitting. Thanks in advance.