Kryptek

Titan_Bow

WKR
Is the vellus set waterproof? I have been eying that for a while

Yes it is. I’ve not had to ever test it in anything other than occasional drizzle and light rain and a few wet heavy snow storms. The waterproof layer is underneath the outer layer of fleece so I wouldn’t imagine you would want to actually deploy it as rain gear though. It is waterproof and has kept me dry when I needed it to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it is. I’ve not had to ever test it in anything other than occasional drizzle and light rain and a few wet heavy snow storms. The waterproof layer is underneath the outer layer of fleece so I wouldn’t imagine you would want to actually deploy it as rain gear though. It is waterproof and has kept me dry when I needed it to

That’s good to know. I wonder if it would be warm enough for late season Michigan deer hunting of course probably have to layer under it. I have been eying the fanatic set but it’s not waterproof. Last year it snowed like a bastard on us heavy wet snow then got down to teens single digits. The year before it rained so much I thought we were going to see Noah come by scooping up animals. The weather is very unpredictable where I hunt. Decisions decisions. My current set up works well enough I was just wanting to reduce the amount of shit I had to bring out to my stand. Not that I go far but far enough

OP
172whitetail
Is the vellus set waterproof? I have been eying that for a while
Yes it is waterproof and wind proof. Plus it is breathable. I’ve used it in Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Louisiana, Kentucky, Indiana, and Idaho. So far it has worked great for me and I’ve used it in some pretty torrential downpours. And been able to stay dry. Now one thing I will say is I there are times when I have to cross some pretty fast flowing creeks that are just ankle deep normally. But when the rain hits, then it’s well over knee high. And it will hold the water back while you are crossing but only so long. You need to cross the creek quickly because when it lets go then you are going to get your legs flooded. But upper body wise I’ve always stayed dry in the worst of rain storms.

OP
172whitetail

I would also like to say that I have used this in temps as low as -23 degrees with the windchill. And it has kept me pretty warm. Now with that being said I use a good merino base layer.

Thanks for the help. Right now I am running the Vellus line I believe. But I really want to pick up a second set to have as a backup. I'll take a look at the Altitude.
Vellus might not be the best as it's very heavy. I've used it before on a late season elk hunt, very warm and cozy but takes up most of your pack. I'd go Koldo with the down puffy underneath since it's so wet out there.

Ahronlong

FNG
I have a brand new never worn Koldo set in typhon. Very heavy duty. Don’t see it being my go to here in Alabama. I’ll let it go for ... 425? But I’ll never part with my vellum.