KRYPTEK

tyler0421

FNG
I own all of the above. First lite has the merino niche. Sitka has the trendy pattern and great pants fit. Kryptek has excellent quality and owns the fabric choice in wet weather gear and is competitive with anything in the warmer weather stuff.

If you compare the takur and bora products to everything else.... they are simply better in every way except pocket layout and I find the thighs tight.
Thanks, I'll take a look. I am in need of some foul weather gear. I own Some First lite but need something for the rain..

jfs82

WKR
How does Kryptek compare in Quality to Say First Lite or Sitka etc?
I have mix and match of kuiu, kryptek and sitka. I want my favorite piece for a specific function regardless of company. My Kryptek stands up very well (tora pants, bora jacket, takur gaiter, arma fleece 1/2 zip, dalibor 3 pant and jacket) to the others.

jfs82

WKR
Thanks, I'll take a look. I am in need of some foul weather gear. I own Some First lite but need something for the rain..
If I didn't have the Bora (basically waterproof); a base, vest or arma fleece, ghar and takur jacket would likely let you deal with everything weather-wise. I've yet to be cold enough where a base, arma fleece and Bora haven't been enough.

Last edited:

tyler0421

FNG
If I didn't have the Bora (basically waterproof); a base, vest or arma fleece, ghar and takur jacket would likely let you deal with everything weather-wise. I've yet to be cold enough where a base, arma fleece and Bora haven't been enough.
How does their stuff fit? I may order today. Does it run big? I'm typically a large but First lite stuff I am a medium...

deadend88

Lil-Rokslider
How does Kryptek compare in Quality to Say First Lite or Sitka etc?
I decided to run only Kryptek after my Mule Deer hunt last summer. I have to say as far as function, far and above the other two. I am running the Altitude line. My only issue is length on pants at 5'10 on the Tora pants. Solved the bagginess with Takur Gators. I ran the Sonora Hooded for Elk this year in AZ and it was money. Wore it 13 days in a row until tagging out on last day, while I certainly stunk, it did not. On cold mornings threw on the Ghar and the Tora Jacket easily got me through the odd rainstorm. My Kryptek system is plug and play and isn't so complex that I need a chart to figure it out like I did with Sitka...Most of my FL has been sold and only a few pieces remain to be posted. All my Sitka with either be donated or sold now that I have 100% confidence. My only complaint would be I'd like to see a shorter inseam length as the 32 is more like a 34 based on my height.

I decided to run only Kryptek after my Mule Deer hunt last summer. I have to say as far as function, far and above the other two. I am running the Altitude line. My only issue is length on pants at 5'10 on the Tora pants. Solved the bagginess with Takur Gators. I ran the Sonora Hooded for Elk this year in AZ and it was money. Wore it 13 days in a row until tagging out on last day, while I certainly stunk, it did not. On cold mornings threw on the Ghar and the Tora Jacket easily got me through the odd rainstorm. My Kryptek system is plug and play and isn't so complex that I need a chart to figure it out like I did with Sitka...Most of my FL has been sold and only a few pieces remain to be posted. All my Sitka with either be donated or sold now that I have 100% confidence. My only complaint would be I'd like to see a shorter inseam length as the 32 is more like a 34 based on my height.
I bought a pair of tora pants last year and I think I like them more than the Bora pants I bought this year. Pockets are better and the kneepads I miss on the Bora. Just waiting for the right deal to snag a large Ghar puffy to fill out my needs.

quaggy25

Lil-Rokslider
Trying not to create new threads as I search for info so hopefully resurrecting this is alright.

Anyone know when Kryptek usually adds new items or releases improvements? Is it throughout the hear? Or are there common times?

I’m looking at the takur line, will they add other camo patterns to this? If it came in highlander I’d buy it now.

Also hoping they had a vest that’s windproof and somewhat insulated. A Vellus vest would be awesome I think.

Finally will there be more womens options? The selection is pretty limited which is understandable being it is a male dominated industry.

Thanks!