Kryptek's new Klisia Sleeping Bags **Updated 6/14/22**

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
blacksleepingbag__73791.1628807258.pngredsleepingback__66234.1628807389.png

Kryptek just released the Klisia bags this week. This is their maiden voyage into the sleeping bag world.

These are nylon shell/down bags with Kryptek's proprietary Defender Hydrophobic Treated Down (absorbs 90% less water and dries 3 times faster.) 800 Fill DWR, available in 15* and 0* (comfort ratings)

I'll be testing a 15* (2.5lbs, Black & $399) (link: 15* Klisia) as I have a bunch of experience in that temp rating

and a 0* bag (3.5lbs, Crimson Red & $499) (link: 0* Klisia) will be gong on @Jared Bloomgren 's hunts

***Update 6/14/22*** Kryptek Kilsia Sleeping Bag Review

Those are good prices on those temp ratings.

Having used a ton of Kryptek gear, I'd be confident to buy it now, but we'll get it in the woods for some feedback.

Can't wait!

Subscribe and we'll keep you posted as we get time in them.

Last edited:

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can’t wait to give the Kilisia 0° Bag a test in the Dakotas come November and December!!

sneaky

"DADDY"
Yeah, tell them they gotta step up their specs listing game. We've been waiting for years for them to list garment weights. Now they post up sleeping bags with no dimensions listed. Guys want to know internal dimensions for shoulders, hips and footbox, and length. Wouldn't hurt to list fill weight as that's the key stat for whether they hit temp ratings.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Are these big boy approved? Need some measurements on the website!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just reached out to them to see if they’ve got their dimensions yet.

For reference, I’m 5 foot 9, 175 pounds. I slept in mine for the first night the other night, and it’s roomier than the Stone Glacier Chilkoot and KUIU SD. It reminded me of the western mountaineering badger, size-wise. I could roll over without twisting up the bag.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Per the post above, got my first night in it. 40°, was surprised I didn’t need to unzip it. I was sleeping under the stars, so dealing with a little bit of wind.

The bag is roomy. Reminds me of the western mountaineering badger. I’m 5 foot nine, 175 pounds. I could roll around without twisting up the bag.

473dc35fd85c30e677ddffaeaf1e0854.jpg

2821dfbb6b970164983d972b64ec8dec.jpg

I really like the compressibility of it, it comes with a true compression sack, not just a stuff sack.
29bbc0405b43b53e1a2b89a7d78a4a3d.jpg

96ee4c05567b6bff6f25a3de7fbd69d9.jpg

For reference, that’s a Stone Glacier EVO 3300, top pic is with the bag uncompressed bottom is compressed.

You would not want to leave it compressed like that for too long though, but boy it’s nice for fitting in a pack.

@Jared Bloomgren have his Zero degree version next week as I’m shipping it today. It fit in a 12x8x6 box fully compressed. The 15° should be even smaller.

might be a bit before we get those temps. Hopefully anyway.

Last edited:
I just reached out to them to see if they’ve got their dimensions yet.

For reference, I’m 5 foot 9, 175 pounds. I slept in mine for the first night the other night, and it’s roomier than the Stone Glacier Chilkoot and KUIU SD. It reminded me of the western mountaineering badger, size-wise. I could roll over without twisting up the bag.

Thanks for the info. Looked on their website and didn’t see a Tall option. Im 6’5” and have found that I can’t fit in most standard mummy bags unless the are offered in a Tall size. Ended up grabbing a Slick Bag because they had this option. I still need a down bag, so hopefully the Kilsea is offered in a Tall in the future.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the info. Looked on their website and didn’t see a Tall option. Im 6’5” and have found that I can’t fit in most standard mummy bags unless the are offered in a Tall size. Ended up grabbing a Slick Bag because they had this option. I still need a down bag, so hopefully the Kilsea is offered in a Tall in the future.

They listed the size specs on website:

Weight 2.5 lbs (w/ stuff sack)
22 in. foot box
32 in. shoulder width
86 in. height

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
e8e3cf736da628dd269d2ad7d0d56f33.jpg

Slept another 11 nights in it. Coldest was in the 30s so still can’t comment on temp rating.

Most nights I just used it like a quilt as temps in 40s are a little much when you’re in a tent.

Still liking it. Decided it’s a good- looking bag too

CO-AJ

WKR
It has got to be tough to break into the sleeping bag industry even for an established company. Ill stick with my WM and FF, in a few years we will see if these bags are still around.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
It has got to be tough to break into the sleeping bag industry even for an established company. Ill stick with my WM and FF, in a few years we will see if these bags are still around.

Yes, getting more competitive, but the bags are getting better too. I can’t believe how hard it is to soak a down bag now. I think a lot of people still don’t realize how good these down bags are. I haven’t water tested this one, but I’m specifically talking about the stone glacier and the KUIU .

Matt G.

WKR
I was looking at the kuiu, sg, WM and maybe this one to replace my current setup. I am a side sleeper and have wide shoulders so trying to find a compromise with the weight and width department and of course bang for the buck. Keep up with the good work and look forward to your findings. Man I love this site but it has cost me a lot in gear ....

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk