KS Deer Draw 2022

DKBronco

FNG
Any word on when we will hear results? Seems like we knew by this time last year.

Joe Holden

Lil-Rokslider
Called Pratt on Wednesday to check this very thing. Drawing is this week and will be notified through email starting in June.

highcj5

Lil-Rokslider
I was wondering if they had more applicants this year? Taking a little bit longer? When I was there last year, I didn’t see many other hunters. But I was hunting lease land though? Just didn’t see any others when driving around. Heard there was a bunch of people that applied for tags last year.

Richieber

FNG
Called Pratt on Wednesday to check this very thing. Drawing is this week and will be notified through email starting in June.
Interesting just called and was told mid June as they went to a new system May 1, hope she was full of BS. Was hoping to know results before Wyoming Antelope deadline on the 31st.

Last edited:

Plivey

FNG
Yeah, I'm hoping that's errant information and they get the KS draw done before June 6th. If it runs late, it makes sliding a backup Iowa application in under the deadline problematic... Might just listen in to that commission meeting so see if its discussed.

come2elmo

WKR
I was wondering if they had more applicants this year? Taking a little bit longer? When I was there last year, I didn’t see many other hunters. But I was hunting lease land though? Just didn’t see any others when driving around. Heard there was a bunch of people that applied for tags last year.
the archery season is 3 months long which could spread out the pressure and being on private helps. Rifle can be pretty active since it is only 10 or so days long though. As far as apps go last year was a big year. There were 5640 more then 2020 and 5856 more then 2019...my brother and I still drew with one point...have zero this year so may or may not be going back next year.

Plivey

FNG
Yeah, I'm hoping that's errant information and they get the KS draw done before June 6th. If it runs late, it makes sliding a backup Iowa application in under the deadline problematic... Might just listen in to that commission meeting so see if its discussed.
Confirmed - the topic of deer draw dates was not discussed by the commission. They did, however, confirm dates for each of the various deer seasons, as well as set the season dates and quotas for 2022 antelope and elk hunting in KS. Until now, I was unaware that archery antelope hunting IS available to non-residents on a limited permit basis.

bradb

WKR
they had a computer issue and I have seen they are now hoping by the 17th

Usi05

WKR
Damn! Long wait but will be worth it when I draw!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WKR
Sounded like maybe a ransomware attack there? Not sure, but will be happy to see if son and I drew.