Kudos to Sitka Customer Service

This morning I sent an email to Sitka looking for help in identifying a rain jacket I have that is old enough that the camo pattern has since been discontinued. I pulled the jacket out this morning, put it on, went to put my cell phone in the pocket and the phone hit the floor. Turned the jacket inside out and wouldn't you know it, the seam tape they used had separated from the mesh lining of the pocket leaving just a big gaping hole.

I emailed their customer service to A.) find out what model the jacket was in order to open a warranty claim and B.) find out if it was something they would even be willing to look into due to the age of the item.

I was emailed back with information lining out their warranty process. In order to open a claim I needed to input the model of the jacket (I didn't know the model,) the size, and the pattern (Mountain Mimicry - discontinued.)

I replied that I didn't know the model, but I selected the closest item in their current line up and the pattern I currently use. This gave me an RA number and an open warranty claim. The information from Sitka in the email said that they would send me a pre-paid mailing label to ship them my jacket for warranty. My thoughts were cool, they're willing to at least help with the problem on an item they clearly no longer make. Excellent service, as far as I am concerned.

Sitka responded and asked that I send them a photo of my jacket with the RA number written inside of it. After sending them the photo they requested, the responded letting me know they would be mailing me a new jacket (the model I selected when opening the claim - not the exact model I was trying to have repaired) within the next 5 - 7 business days.

I asked if they would still be sending me the shipping label to return the "defective" item and they told me to keep it.

So at the end of the day Sitka is sending me a replacement item and letting me keep the original item that, for all intents and purposes still works, minus the pocket.

TLDR; Emailed Sitka wondering if they would help with a discontinued item that developed a hole in a pocket and they are sending me a new item as well as letting me keep the defective one.

Decker9

WKR
Iv had great luck with their warranty too. I once tore the side zip out of my cloudburst pants, they sent me a new set of stormfronts, but the stormfront with duty (to Canada). So I called Sitka because theirs suppose to be no charge. The guy said either pay the duty and keep the stormfronts, or refuse the stormfront’s and have them sent back, either way, he would put the cloudbursts in the mail, duty free

I used their warranty for a blown out zipper on my jetstream jacket too, and was sent a new jacket. Both times they said to keep the wrecked items.

Expensive gear it is, but they look after their customers.