Kudos to Swarovski

Kudos to Swarovski.

Sent a 30 year old pair of 10x42 SLC's in to have a minor issue addressed (I'm the original owner). I received a form email acknowledgement within 24 hours of USPS making the delivery. Within 48 hours of receipt they emailed me personally, indicating they had examined the item, would take care of the issue and noted cosmetic scratches on the ocular - everything else was still perfect. The cosmetic scratches would not affect performance but they offered to replace those lenses at nominal charge if I so desired. I called customer service to discuss the ocular and reached someone quickly. I agreed to the lens replacement even though not technically necessary (why not, after 30 years?). They will also replace the rubber protective wrap and make sure everything else is up to new specs. Expected Date of return - April 28th. That is SMOKING fast. No whining about Covid, they just get it done.

This is the 2nd or maybe the 3rd time in 30 years that I have sent an optic back to Swarovski for review (and first time in 10 or 20 years). The result is always the same - excellent.

As so many have said, Swarovski USA understands customer service. Premium priced, but nice to know premium service comes with it.

I have a pair of 12x42 NL Pure's on order and hope to be alive and using those 30 years from now as well.

I thought some of you might appreciate hearing this.

MT257

WKR
Similar experience in January. Sent in my binos as the focus knob spring was going out. They inspected everything. Recoated lenses, redid the outside rubber coating aligned both tubes replaced spring all at zero charge. Mine were back within tin 6 weeks but I would say I got mine in at the tail end of the hunting season resulting in a longer turnaround.

Just got my SLCs back also. Had slight cosmetic scratches from years of use and for what they charge to replace both of them it was a no brainer for me as well. Mine came back with all new covers also.

I echo the same experience sending mine in prior to last season. They adjusted everything and replaced the eyecups. Had them back in my hands in like 2-3 weeks.

People want to push warranty with some of their competitors, but trust me you get a badass warranty and service with Swarovski too. They probably won’t replace your optic that was burnt up in a house fire, but that’s kinda what homeowners insurance is for.

Bear_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Yep same experience here. Very prompt response and they were very thorough when examining my scope. Fixed what was needed plus replaced the lens cover, all free of charge! Definitely recommend!

Jd259

WKR
Good to hear for sure. Im sending a pair of bino’s and my spotter off tomorrow who do they use for their return shipping? Heard fed ex?

Last edited:

ctwert24

FNG
That’s great to know for when I have to send mine in. Thanks for the information.

Marble

WKR
Same experience for me. But mine were damaged and in order to have a quick turn around time of two weeks to make my hunt they charged me $50. The item was repaired and got to me earlier than promised.

I was delighted to say the least.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

RBTX

FNG
This is great information to guys in the market for optics. I have been using Leica for 25 years and from stores I hear their service does not come near what Swarovski is providing.

Darn, looks like I should have bought the SLC instead of the SL's. In short, the customer service email said" We stopped producing them 15 years ago, you should should remember the good times that I had with them" and offered a discount on a new pair.
Kudos to Swarovski.

Sent a 30 year old pair of 10x42 SLC's in to have a minor issue addressed (I'm the original owner). I received a form email acknowledgement within 24 hours of USPS making the delivery. Within 48 hours of receipt they emailed me personally, indicating they had examined the item, would take care of the issue and noted cosmetic scratches on the ocular - everything else was still perfect. The cosmetic scratches would not affect performance but they offered to replace those lenses at nominal charge if I so desired. I called customer service to discuss the ocular and reached someone quickly. I agreed to the lens replacement even though not technically necessary (why not, after 30 years?). They will also replace the rubber protective wrap and make sure everything else is up to new specs. Expected Date of return - April 28th. That is SMOKING fast. No whining about Covid, they just get it done.

This is the 2nd or maybe the 3rd time in 30 years that I have sent an optic back to Swarovski for review (and first time in 10 or 20 years). The result is always the same - excellent.

As so many have said, Swarovski USA understands customer service. Premium priced, but nice to know premium service comes with it.

I have a pair of 12x42 NL Pure's on order and hope to be alive and using those 30 years from now as well.

I thought some of you might appreciate hearing this.

John.45

FNG
I got my first set of swaro glass last year and have been very impressed. It’s great to hear all the positive stories about their customer service!

Beendare

WKR
Similar experience here.

my approximate 25-year-old Swaro10x SLC had some issues with the adjustment knob. Swaro told me they would fix the knob for free or for an addl $175 they would go through and fix everything.

They sent me a brand new binocular with a new serial number.

gommer

FNG
Been itching to get into some Swaro optics after using a buddies binoculars. This is great to hear and makes me more comfortable knowing they back their products like this.

kit_man_duu

Lil-Rokslider
This is very reassuring to hear. I just bought a pair of EL 8.5x not too long ago.

EdL

FNG
You get what you pay for . Cry once or twice or more as the case might be.:)

Attachments

• IMG_2444.JPG
    IMG_2444.JPG
    178.3 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Swarovski stuff is high dollar, but they are really a well ran machine. I broke off the little aiming device on my BTX and called them up to try and order a new one. I expected to have to pay for it since it was my own stupidity that broke it off. They took my info down and within a week I received the entire upper housing of the unit by UPS and completely free of charge. They didn't even ask me any questions as to how I broke it.

Mackdog

FNG
I finally got a pair of swaros last year and was able to use them quite a bit. Worth the price paid.