KUIU 2 Man Tent

3pointer

Lil-Rokslider
Went through some heavy duty rain storms at 11,000 feet in New Mexico , stayed dry as a bone and toasty with a good pad and bag , highly recommended , buddy in the BA definitely had more condensation , go with the kuiu8702EDEF-3DAC-4652-A9D5-A1A3BA16CCBC.jpeg

b1c2r3r4

FNG
This is the tent I am thinking about getting also and I glad it holds up to the weather. Only 9 more post before I can start buying gear from this forum.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
reviving an older thread as this tent is near the top of what I'm looking at as well

I'm also considering MSR's Access 2 which is similarly sized, but a little heavier

I’m considering Kuiu and Stone Glacier. I was going to buy before June but I ended up buying my new bow first.
So I might have to wait till June.
Kuiu 2P
Stone Glacier 2P
Big Agnes Copper Spur/Fly Creek
Hilliberg Nalto 2P(?)

That’s my current list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jac

Lil-Rokslider
fjallraven is a company from Sweden. I bought the Abisko lite 3 it’s a nice tent inside of tent is a little low so my head rubs the inside of tent. On the other hand the low tent will be more aerodynamic. Build quality looks really good. I live in Canada so hard to find here but in USA there are lots of options. Campsaver sells them and the 20% discount apply to them. Hilleberg tents are normally not allowed to discount unless you get lucky

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
one thing stands out with the Kuiu is that the fly and tent body can be put up as one; add a little wind and it can be a little tricky throwing just a fly over the standing tent

square footage is very close between the three- the Kuiu is a little wider at top, but a little narrower at the bottom, the Access 2 and Skyscraper appear to be identical in width- the Sky Scraper is a little longer than either

head height is similar across the three

Jac

Lil-Rokslider
The fjallraven tent is like the hille with the inner tent attached to the outer. Makes setting up in wet weather a lot easier

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just bit the bullet on the Mountain Star- watched several videos, read several reviews (including the ones posted here!)- they are running a 25% off sale on them and couldn't pass :)

I just bit the bullet on the Mountain Star- watched several videos, read several reviews (including the ones posted here!)- they are running a 25% off sale on them and couldn't pass :)

Nice! I might too at that price! I need to figure out if I can swing that, I have an award through work I’m supposed to be getting that was going to be my tent money. Hasn’t shown up yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bruno59

WKR
Thanks i ordered one also, my buddy and his girlfriend used one on the app. trail last year and he said it poured rain on them for over 20 different days and that the tent worked perfect and they stayed dry, that discount and free shipping got me to order can't wait to get it and go to the backcountry

I just picked one up as well... Following this thread too :)

They were out of footprints unfortunately... I'll have to grab one later.

Peeps here use one with or without a footprint?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rj2

WKR
i will make a polycro footprint to save a few oz. and $

i emailed asking if i could add the gear loft to my order and lady said they cant change the order but sent me a free shipping code to order it