Kuiu 2012 Pack Experience?

idig4au

WKR
The re-designed kuiu 2012 suspension and bag look interesting. Wondering if anybody has spent enough time in one to provide some recommendations and offer any opinions on their experience. I've read a few complaints about the carbon stays and lumbar pad....

I'm looking for a lightwight 5000cu in system for short duration backpacking trips that will handle loads well. Essentially a top shelf day pack. Thinking of the Kuiu or Kifaru systems.

tstowater

WKR
I'm not the person to answer your question as mine is the 2012 frame adapted to the 6000 bag. I got it about a week before I when to Alaska and only had to use it a couple days while I was there. Not a true test, but I did get along fine. The Lumbar pad hasn't bothered me as it has others. When I set mine up, I called the company and talked to their guy who does the packs. Can't remember the name, but made it alot easier to set up correctly. Can't say I have it perfect yet, but it did what I needed. I'm curious about the 5000 and 7000 bags myself. Someone out there uses something other than the Kifaru on this site.