Kuiu 4000 LT vs Pro 3600

lex_300

FNG
Hi everyone,

First post. I have decided on one of these two packs, and just have some questions to those who have used both or either.

First, is the lighter fabric of the LT durable enough? Has anyone put a LT through its paces, how do they hold up?

Also wondering if it is easy to strap a trophy rack (deer) to either pack, is it easier on one or the other? Will I need extra accessory straps to do so?

Leaning toward the 3600 at this stage but the LT is intriguing because it is a bit lighter.

Pics would be amazing.

Thanks!

Tahoe1305

WKR
I have the 4000LT and think it’s great. Packed out a big elk with it last month. No issues. The LT series is thicker than the old ultra and I think a perfect blend in weight and toughness if fabric.

I have a pro 1850 for comparison and main difference is thicker fabric and more pockets.

it comes with a good amount of straps and typically some extras to secure stuff between the pack and frame.

the process for strapping game to the frame should be the same for both. Takes about 10 min to get it set up well.

it’s a good pack. I’ve been very happy with mine. Get the pro suspension.

Moserkr

WKR
My go to pack is the 4k LT. Plenty durable, Ive put it and the old ultra line through years of abuse with no issues. The 4kLT has great features and pockets and is similar in setup to the 3600 pro, which my friend uses.

The 4kLT is not only a great day pack, but I have taken it out on a mid season 5 day trip with one addon - a lid from my old 6k ultra. The lid holds my food and allows me to extend its use from a 3 day pack to 5. Granted I had a lot of extra comfort stuff too. If I went minimalist in the early season, with the lid the 4k could go 5-7 days.

Pack comes with accessory straps and is easy to strap a head to it, right above where you haul your meat. Strapping 100 lbs to it will hurt a bit but it can easily handle it.

Last edited:

Moserkr

WKR
Heres my whole boned out deer, cape/head, rifle, and day gear strapped to it.
F96D316D-CC2E-4B3F-887E-EB3BB1D38E23.jpeg

Heres my grandpa’s elk head and a quarter on it. This was a good year.
511497FF-DE66-419E-AE8C-61B91720F947.jpeg

Jimss

WKR
Don’t listen to me then… but do yourself a favor and take a look at kuiu reviews. Also take a look at any reviews that compare kuiu to kifaru and stone glacier.

Tahoe1305

WKR
Don’t listen to me then… but do yourself a favor and take a look at kuiu reviews. Also take a look at any reviews that compare kuiu to kifaru and stone glacier.
Be careful too. If you look hard enough you’ll find the one that Rokslide did this year and had kuiu on top.

In all seriousness there are many factors and fit being a huge one. But kuiu was right up with all the others.

Get the pro bag not the LT…. It’s sturdier and the pro has the ability to zip all the around. My LT tore first time out, no big deal KUIU swapped it for the pro bag. Hadn’t had any issues since.

OP
L

lex_300

FNG
I ended up going with the pro 3600 - thanks for all the input.

I did consider SG, EXO and Kifaru also, and for a number of reasons I went with the Kuiu pack. I appreciate the input, and expected to get "buy "x" brand instead" from at least one poster.

It's easier to ignore and just go through the constructive stuff that's relevant to the question. Thanks again!