Kuiu and Noise?

So I'm going to start getting my Kuiu "set" together. My question is, is the guide jacket and pants noisy? While watching the video it seemed like they were a bit noisy...but that could have just been the microphone. Nobody seems to ever mention it, so I figured I'd ask the experts to banish my fears. I normally hunt with fleece.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I use the Kuiu clothing almost exclusively and don't have any issues with noise. Or at least no more noise than associated with any other material I have hunted with.

Guide pants are pretty heavy, if its for elk hunting I'd look at the attack if I was you. And the noise level is very low on their stuff that I own. Don't own the chugach yet, but the other gear isn't loud.

OP
T
While I've got the ear of some current owners. I'm trying to decide between the 185 and 250 base layers...How warm is the 185 compared to the 250? It makes me sad they don't make the Verde in 250, but oh well. The sage looks good too.

Maxhunter

WKR
I've hunted with it all since it hit the market. The only thing with some noise is the Chugach (mainly cold weather) rain gear otherwise the rest is quiet to me. It hasn't affected my success.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I personally think the 185 would be lightweight and the 250 a mid weight. Certainly the 250 is warmer, but not drastically for me. I have both now, but would only buy 250 in the future.

OP
T
I just went and looked at the website, and it looks like they came out with a 230 in verde and vios! Yay! Made my decision for me.

sk1

WKR
their softshell stuff like the guide jacket is pretty darn quiet, i cant personally speak on the attack pants yet, been on pre-order for 8 months and hopefully ship this month

ive heard that 230 merino is pretty darn nice, i have the 185 and 250 at the moment

WesternBounty

Lil-Rokslider
KUIU is very quite gear, or not noisy I guess I should say... Esp after owning a pair of Under Armour hunting pants, now those were noisy, uncomfortable, and def unreliable wont be doing that again but none of there gear is noisy in my opinion.

MattB

WKR
I cannot speak for the Guide Pants, but the Attack pants are a bit noisier than the original Sitka Mountain pants I am used to. They aren't noisy per se, but they are louder than fleece, wool, microtex, etc.

I cannot speak for the Guide Pants, but the Attack pants are a bit noisier than the original Sitka Mountain pants I am used to. They aren't noisy per se, but they are louder than fleece, wool, microtex, etc.

^ this is accurate. The Attack pants are very quiet, the Guide pants and jacket a little less as they are a soft shell. The soft shell material in the Guide series is a little noisier than I'd like, but doesn't detract from the overall product.