Kuiu as carry-on

Anyone using any of the KUIU packs as a carry-on. If so what one.

Also if anyone has measurements of the frame and the Icon5000 could you post them up for me.

Thanks

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I took my Kifaru DT2 as carry on to Colorado without any issues and it is bigger than Kuiu 5000.

JNDEER

WKR
It depends on the airline and airport.

at SFO when I flew with United they had me put my bag in their measuring "box" to make sure it would meet their requirements. It was only a camelbak commander, but barely fit their rediculous small box. Just double check before you go, otherwise they would make you check it and that could cost you an extra $50-$100.

Ozz08

WKR
I used my Kifaru T1(with 26" stays) as a carry on when I flew from San Jose, CA to Denver and then from Denver back to San Jose with no issues. But I think I just got lucky. I think it depends on the Airport, airline, and mostly the security agents checking you. I knew I wouldn't have a problem in the San Jose airport because in all flights I've taken from there I have learned the security people there are lazy morons that hardly speak English. You would be amazed at the things I've made it through security with at that place.