kuiu ascent - little dissapointed

slim23

Lil-Rokslider
just got my kuiu ascent pants in today. i just sold my sitka 90% outfit to buy this stuff. I realize that i have done nothing but try them on but I am not impressed by the fabric. I will say that the cut and fit is great and having a 38" inseam very few pants fit length wise. when i bend my legs all the way to the crouching position the pants dont ride up over my boots. look forward to goin out shed hunting in them this weekend and hopefuly that will change my first impression. I have a guide jacket ordered and hope I like it also.
I will say that they shipped amazingly quick. I ordered them on thursday evening and got them today. And they will now take pre orders so that you dont have to wait or call them back. just leave a card number for them and they will ship them out as soon as they arive in stock.

JSonn

FNG
do you mean Attack pant? Sitka makes the Ascent pant. I have the Kuiu Attack pant and they are awesome- the fabric moves with my range of motion, it is dead quiet, warm but breathable and has a water shedding ability...whats not to love?

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
X2, I too would like to know what the issues might be with the fabric? I have the Attack pant and are more comfortable than any other pants I have worn... Comfy like pajamas but tough, I love mine!

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Slim, Can you explain? I have both and I would always go with the Attack pants. They fit like lounge pants, but very tough. Unless they changed the fabric, but I doubt it.

Ryan

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I would disagree as well (if you're talking about the Attack). The material is extremely tough, water resistant and the fit is second to none.

tradair1980

Lil-Rokslider
I have the same feelings with the attack pants . I had a stiching problem during spring bear season around the knee area bad blow out!

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Slim, if they are 34" waist I can take them off your hands. I have never found a better pair of hunting pants. Let me know.

OP
slim23

slim23

Lil-Rokslider
yes they are attack not ascent. 14hr days and cold medicine are hard on me. I belive you miss understood me on the fit. absolutley love the fit. just the fabric dissapointed me with my first impression. after going back and watching the videos on kuiu site i see only the guide jacket has the micro fleece liner and the pants have a brushed finish. was thinking both did as i wanted a little warmer pant. also the fabric just "feels" like a light cotton or something similar. I know it is not and it recieves rave reviews so i figure i will be impressed when i wear them this weekend. If not they will be up for grabs!

I can't say I am disappointed in my attack pants yet (I haven't worn them in the field) but they seem a bit noisy just walking through the house. By that I mean the legs make some noise when they rub together. Anyone have some calming thoughts on this? :)

I have had both and disliked the sitka pants. I think KUIU clothing is pretty legit. I bought some sitka stuff a few years ago and wore it on one hunt and got rid of it after the hunt.

Slim,

If you were looking for a WARMER pant then you ordered the wrong pant from KUIU. You need their NEW GUIDE PANT. Which hasn't come in yet. It has the micro fleece lining. I also have to say like everyone else...they are the best pant that I have used to date. The 90% was to heavy and hot for me early and too short! My only issue with the Attack is it was only offered in 32" waist as the smallest when I bought mine BUT I knew what I was buying. The Ascents I had nearly ripped out the crotch in 3 days of LIGHT hunting!!!

OP
slim23

slim23

Lil-Rokslider
If they will be offering a guide pant then I will be selling these and waiting on them. See it is things like this that I wish kuiu would release so we had a idea of things to come. Any chance you know if the rain gear line will be offered in talls?

JSonn

FNG
Yea, what Evan said- the attack pant is more for early season to mid. I called KUIU the other day and they would not tell me the release date of the Guide Pant because they themselves were not sure. My guess is mid summer, maybe a little sooner hopefully?