Kuiu attack, guide pants or FL obsidian or corrugate.

Jdutton24

Lil-Rokslider
Does the guides have fleece lining? Looking for some pants that cut wind with some light insulation. Can't decide between attack guide or what. I also want a light weight pair as well. Was thinking of like of guide pants for winter type and warmer weather obsidian??? Or attack? Or would attack be one good for all?

I own 2 and some Kanabs.

Kanab and obsidian are wool. A bit of a different animal. Mine dry fast. They block some wind. No water resistance. Most comfortable of the 3 but not the most stretchy. Best in hotter weather.

Corrugates are loose fitting, less wind and water resistant, mine are holding up less well then my attacks.

Attacks are my favorite all around pant. Hip zips are the bees knees. Better stretch. Slimmer fit and more wind and water resistance.

I can honestly say all 3 are good. For temps below 70 I would favor the attacks over the other 2.

N2TRKYS

WKR
The attack pants would be just about perfect if the cargo pockets were roomier and the legs had a more relaxed fit. They’re really too tight with a heavy base layer.

There all completely different really.
Obsidians are the most comfortable. But there trash that fall apart easily. I'm only keeping mine for hunts where I need to be completely silent.

Guides have to fleece lining, there just a nylon stretch.

Attacks are quite a bit heavier, they have hip vents but are not really an early season pant for me.
I think this is your best bet for what you are describing.

notacos4u

FNG
I have Firstlite guides, corrugates, kanabs, obsidians, and catalyst... corrugates are very lite I feel. The kanab or obsidians are the pants I normally use for trekking around the woods, they’re both merino pants. once it gets cooler and am looking for something to keep me warmer, I use the catalyst. They are fleece line and have more wind breaking properties

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
I’ve had them all and would vote for attack. If you want a lighter pair than attack, corrugate guides are pretty good. I’d stay away from the kanab/obsidians, had to warranty 2 pairs, do not hold up well, block zero wind, and absorb every bit of moisture in a 2 ft radius.

I had both the FL corrugates and Kuiu attacks. The FL fit kind of weird and seemed to stretch out for me, the Attacks fit perfect every time. Worn them in temps from 15 degrees up to 80 with zip off merino base layers for the colder days.

jake_1993

Lil-Rokslider
Yes the Guide DCS pant does have a fleece lining. Outside is a light but durable soft shell. I have not had any durability issues whatsoever with the outer material when hiking through thick brush and contact with rock. Water resistance is pretty good, but every once in a while needs a good DWR treatment.

jake_1993

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone tried out that Gale Force line yet from KUIU by chance? Curious as to the waterproofing material they use compared to like a 3 layer Gore Tex.

Hondo

WKR
I'm not knocking Kuiu pants as they are well made and have excellent attributes but I prefer how the First Lite Corrugate Guide and Obsidian/Kanab pants fit in the thighs and crotchal region (not bragging) and allow more room for base layers. If I were a slender man I might feel otherwise.

aythya

FNG
I love my attack pants. My legs get too hot hiking in the guide pants. When it's cold I wear merino under them.