Kuiu Attack or Pro pants

cdavison

FNG
My wife got me Attack pants for my birthday in a 30R. My jeans 30 is perfect but these are slightly tight in the waist. I like the fit other than that. Will the 32 be ridiculous big? I hate that companies dont offer 1" increment sizes. Also any comparison to the Pro pants? Do they run as small as the attack?

Lytro

WKR
From my experience, sizing has been consistent with all the different pants I have from Kuiu (Sierra, Attack, Pro, and Guide). I wear a 34L for jeans and Kuiu. The Kuiu pants are definitely a little more snug in the waist, but they seem to relax a bit once worn a few times.

OP
C

cdavison

FNG
From my experience, sizing has been consistent with all the different pants I have from Kuiu (Sierra, Attack, Pro, and Guide). I wear a 34L for jeans and Kuiu. The Kuiu pants are definitely a little more snug in the waist, but they seem to relax a bit once worn a few times.
So if they are just snug not tight, would you stick with the size Ive got and think they will break in a little. I would hate to have 2" of space I don't need.

Lytro

WKR
I would stick with the current size as long as they're not tight with a base layer underneath. I think a size up could be a little much, which would suck if you're planning on doing a lot of walking in them. Like you said in your initial post, 1" sizing increments would be pretty nice.

Also: If you don't have any of their upper body clothing, and plan to order some, definitely go a size up.

How do the attack pants feel, from a hot weather gear perspective? I've been eyeing them after the heat wave we got in MI during the rut. First lite wick baselayer with attack pants seem like ass air conditioning.

Ike

FNG
I would stick with the current size as long as they're not tight with a base layer underneath. I think a size up could be a little much, which would suck if you're planning on doing a lot of walking in them. Like you said in your initial post, 1" sizing increments would be pretty nice.

Also: If you don't have any of their upper body clothing, and plan to order some, definitely go a size up.
Agreed. I wear a 34R in everything but Kuiu, suggest sizing them up to better allow for layering.

Measure your waist with a soft tape held as tight as you want the pants and order that size. Most jeans measure at least one size bigger than the tag says.

Sobrbiker

WKR
I really really wish Kuiu did odd sizes. 32 is a little too snug, 34 is a little too loose...in both attacks and guide pants.

Also any comparison to the Pro pants? Do they run as small as the attack?

I found sizing between the Pro's and Attack's to be different.

My Pro's in a 32 were much larger in the waist than my Attacks, but I made them work with a belt.

Felix40

WKR
I have a 30-31” waist and have finally figured out that I’m better off buying 32s and taking them in a little. That way the waist is exactly where I want it and the thighs have enough room to move freely. I’ve been doing this with Prana zions and Kuiu pants.

OP
C

cdavison

FNG
I found sizing between the Pro's and Attack's to be different.

My Pro's in a 32 were much larger in the waist than my Attacks, but I made them work with a belt.
That is what I have heard. Thanks for the input.

That is what I have heard. Thanks for the input.
The Pro's also had a WAY TIGHTER crotch area, I could not walk in them without having to adjust every quarter mile.

Was quite bummed, I thought they would be my one end-all-be-all pant but sizing is messed up.

I had to size up in the attacks. My jeans, dress pants, pretty much any hunting pant I've always been 36. With attacks they were too snug with no room for base layer.