Kuiu attack pant vs pro pant

Dustin B.

FNG
I am looking for an early season pant that is quiet. I currently wear the kuiu pro pant, but they are a little loud and run a little hot because of the knee pads. I was eyeballing the kuiu attack pants but didn't know if they would be any quieter or cooler than the pros. Does anyone have any experience with both?

roosterdown

Lil-Rokslider
I can't directly answer your question...but I have:
Attacks​
Kutana Stretch​
Tiburons​

It depends on what you mean by hot - but I think the Attacks, as great as they are, are too hot for warm weather hunting (August Pronghorn).

The Tiburons are the coolest but they just can't take serious field abuse.

On days pushing 100, archery spot-and-stalk, I found the Kutanas pretty perfect; cool enough and quiet enough.

Except when rolling in prickly pear.

OP
D

Dustin B.

FNG
Attacks​
Kutana Stretch​
Tiburons​

It depends on what you mean by hot - but I think the Attacks, as great as they are, are too hot for warm weather hunting (August Pronghorn).

On days pushing 100, archery spot-and-stalk, I found the Kutanas pretty perfect; cool enough and quiet enough.

I am looking for something for about 80°-60° with a base layer if needed. I was also thinking about the kutanas but didn't know how quiet they would be since they are nylon.

The Attacks are quieter. Especially with some wear. When I first bought the Pro pants I thought they were Attacks with knee pads, but they're a different material. Not only are they louder but my Gunmetal color also had a sheen. I'm thinking about selling them or just relegating them to rifle hunts.

OP
D

Dustin B.

FNG
The Attacks are quieter. Especially with some wear. When I first bought the Pro pants I thought they were Attacks with knee pads, but they're a different material. Not only are they louder but my Gunmetal color also had a sheen. I'm thinking about selling them or just relegating them to rifle hunts.
Thanks!

For those temps I would look at the tiburon or one of the lighter pants. I run a bit hot but I feel like my attacks start to get swampy above 70 or so, especially if I am exerting.

OP
D

Dustin B.

FNG
For those temps I would look at the tiburon or one of the lighter pants. I run a bit hot but I feel like my attacks start to get swampy above 70 or so, especially if I am exerting.
Do you have any experience with the kutanas?

Lowg08

WKR
I use the attacks for everything. I’ve used tons of pants over the years and many companies have great pants. I feel like the attack is a really solid pant for 85 degrees and under

mattg45

FNG
I run the attack pants in WI from early October 60s to mid November 30s in the am and they work great they have the vents on the sides great pant

Attacks​
Kutana Stretch​
Tiburons​

Agree with this. I have a few pairs of Attacks and Kutanas. The 1 pair of tiburons I had got shredded going through brush tracking an ole doe a couple years ago. Id say grab 1 of each of the attacks and kutanas. I think the kutana is the way to go 70ish and up, and the attacks below that with a base layer the further you go down. Prana also started making the original stretch zion again as well if you are looking for another option.

wirehead

Lil-Rokslider
I have both and think that’s Kutana weather. Attacks are great but too hot for the 70-80 range of your 60-80 target in my opinion, but I run hot.

I would say, if spot/stalk hunting:
20-45: attack with appropriate base layer / puffy.
45-60: attack
60-80: katana

+/-5 degrees depending upon wind and rigor of walking.

wirehead

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t find either to be loud… do the kutana pants make more noise when rubbed together than the attacks? Probably but I don’t think the Kutana’s level of noise preclude them from a bow stalk like rain pants or puffy pants do.

OP
D

Dustin B.

FNG
I don’t find either to be loud… do the kutana pants make more noise when rubbed together than the attacks? Probably but I don’t think the Kutana’s level of noise preclude them from a bow stalk like rain pants or puffy pants do.
Thanks for the info! I think the kutanas are the way to go.