Kuiu Attack Pants and Rain Gear

PhillyB

WKR
Hey guys and gals- I purchased some attack pants early this year. I have done the sink test and they seem to repel water very well.

My question is to those that have usd the attack pants for a season. In the early season bowhunts where the occasional storm may pass through, will the attack pants keep me dry or should I continue to pack my rain pants with me?

Last year I used the guide jacket as my rain gear coat and it preformed flawlessly. Keep in my I wasn't stand hunting or sitting in the rain for hours on end. But for the occasional mountain storm that is over in an hour or two and I am able to get under a tree to wait it out, will the attack pants keep me dry?

muleman

WKR
I alternated between two pairs of attack pants last year and they lost a lot of their water repelent properties with wear. I always packed my Chugach rain gear.

Chesapeake

Lil-Rokslider
I use then here in sw Washington. Wash them with nikwax treatment. They do great in all but a downpour and they dry quickly.

Battle

Lil-Rokslider
The DWR that Toray uses is the best I have used, but I still don't trust the Attack or Guide stuff to keep me dry, even here in Wyoming. Unless it is a short trip with very little chance of moisture, I take the Chugach set.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
You got it. That is how NikWax wash works.

Never wash a DWR treated fabric with standard detergent, or it will lose its water repellent properties quickly.

Water-only washes work too, but NikWax Wash is the best, IMO.

Lawnboi

WKR
For a day or 2 of decent forcasted weather... i may risk it.

For a 3-10 backpacking trip. No way. The DWR fades faster then you would think.

Chesapeake

Lil-Rokslider
Nikwax makes a wash in DWR as well as a wash to preserve the DWR finish.
With the two you can keep your gear performing well for years.