KUIU attack pants in burnt olive

I wear 34s also. I have the guide jacket in vias and I really like it, just prefer solid colored pants. I'll probably end up getting the spindrift in vias as well.

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
Lawnboi I wore mine all last season from September deer/antelope on through my November elk hunt and not 1 complaint, very comfortable pants for year round use IMO...

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I just tried on my new Kuiu Attack pants. First off, the material is awesome! The color is really cool, a little lighter than the online pics. Definitely NOT Forest Circus green. I will be ordering more. Second, the sizing. I typically wear a 32, just a tad loose. I got the 32s, and they are just right. I would say they really fit like a 31.5". The 34s would have been too big. It is a tough call if you are right on the border between sizes.

So color wise using these for hunting are people preferring the olive or charcoal. I have the gj in vias but prefer solid colored pants

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
I too found my attack's to fit true to size although some people seem to find the need to size up...

Lawnboi

WKR
Just pre ordered my attack pants in vias! now the wait begins. It sure would be nice to have these for a few shed hunting trips.

But ill wear them all summer long i think, if they are not too warm.

And good to hear on the fit! im actually a 30in waist so they should be good on me.

How many have hemmed thier pants? Im thinking if i fold them over, like the kuiu video, and sew them like that it might add some durability around the boot.

Last edited:

krummholz

FNG
I would love to hear how they fit when you get them Lawnboi. I'm a skinny guy as well and haven't ordered any yet since I figured they would be too big.

Lawnboi

WKR
I would love to hear how they fit when you get them Lawnboi. I'm a skinny guy as well and haven't ordered any yet since I figured they would be too big.

I will let you know, i hope they get a shipment in soon, id sure love to use these in 2 weeks for a shed hunting trip.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Well I have had a number of days in my Kuiu Attack pants in Olive. I also have a pair in Vias, but I much prefer the Olive for the spring.

The pants are super comfortable, and WAY tougher than I thought they would be. I have hammered them through alder thickets, thorn patches, and other nasties, and so far they have hardly a blemish. I say hardly a blemish, because I had a large ember from a campfire land on them and burn a small hole right through to the cargo pocket. Keep in mind they will burn.

The color is very good for backcountry use in the spring for this reason:

tickweb.jpg

The little parasites are really easy to see on them.

The Vias will get more use after tick season.

Yukondog

WKR
Ticks and mosquitoes are my achilles heal! They ruin a perfectly good day in a heart beat for me. I can't get past it.

bbrown

WKR
I got to put some miles on my Attack pants this past weekend doing some scouting/backpacking. The fit is pretty good but a tad tight in the waist - I typically wear a 33-34 so I ordered the 34s and they are just right. The material and fit feels very good, streches and breathes well (not too hot). I ordered these to backpack in all summer/fall and hunt/guide antelope in early October on the prairie here. I love my Sitka mountain pants in OC but these are perfect for what I needed. Kinda wish I could have gotten teh accent pants in a solid color but that is only because I can get a hell of a deal on them.

slim9300

WKR
I am waiting on some Major Brown Attack pants!

Yep. I have had my major brown Attack pants for a few weeks now. I did an 11 mile overnight trip in them last weekend and I can't say enough about how great they are. The brown is very muted and the perfect all around color in my opinion. I sent back a pair of the olive awhile back due to the waist being too big (34) and changed my order to the major brown. I like the brown far better. For the record it's nothing even close to the brown on the Vias camo. It's much more tan with some grey too.

I wore them golfing on Memorial day due to the bad weather and they were the perfect golf pant too. I already have 3 pairs but I need about 2-3 more. =)