KUIU Attacks have different cut than usual ???

Sapcut

WKR
I just bought a brand new pair of Attacks in solid loden size 36. They fit just like the Attacks in brown size 34 that I used to have. I have two pair of 36 Attacks in verde and a solid pair of KUIU Sierras in 36. They all feel like 36's but these new Attacks feel like 34s. Even the legs are cut narrower than the 36 Verdes.

Could there possibly be a different cut to the new Attacks or are solid colors cut different?

Thanks

I hope not. My year old major brown ones fit like 36.
But a friend ordered kutana pants this year said he had to size up 1 or 2

Kotaman

WKR
My experience is that KUIU sizing is all over the board on everything. The bigger the sizes, the worse it gets. I still use their puffy clothes, but gave up on everything else due to the frustrating sizing issues.

I will add...The original KUIU stuff made in Vancouver fit me like it was made for me and seemed VERY consistent. Ever since they went overseas, the sizing became a huge issue for me.

Last edited:
OP
Sapcut

Sapcut

WKR
That’s nuts. I can’t imagine how a clothing company can’t get sizes right every time. And they seem to be so in tuned with the materials used. I’ll be calling them tomorrow.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Most all of the newer hunting pants and so-called performance non-hunting pants I've tried in the last 5 years have been cut like that. Skinny jean look and feel. They also have taken inches out of the rise for a very snug fit in the crotch. They apparently need two sizings these days.......regular and metro-sexual.

mlgc20

WKR
My experience is that KUIU sizing is all over the board on everything. The bigger the sizes, the worse it gets. I still use their puffy clothes, but gave up on everything else due to the frustrating sizing issues.

This has been my experience as well. I love the quality of their gear. But, some of their sizing is comically small. I had to return a vest to them, that was the same size as other gear that fit fine. But, with this vest I was Tommy Boy wearing David Spade's jacket. My Kuiu Yukon jacket is one of my favorite pieces of gear. But, every time I order from them, I feel like I am rolling the dice on sizing.

OP
Sapcut

Sapcut

WKR
I just called KUIU and asked Regina, whose been there since day one, about what is goin on with pant sizing. She said the new Attacks ARE cut smaller based on customer feedback. I said really? All Ive heard on hunting sites is complaints about the new slimmer cut. I also told her that why on earth would you change things to the best selling product they’ve ever had. ?? Just terrible business decision, IMO.

mlgc20

WKR
Again, I will preface this with the fact that I really love my Kuiu gear. My gloves, gaiters and hunting jacket are all Kuiu. But, I think they sometimes fall in the trap of trying to go too light. Similar to how some UL backpacking companies tried to make their tents smaller and sleeping bags narrower. Just so they can say they save X ounces. I love my Big Agnes Fly Creek 2 Platinum. But, to say it is a 2 person tent is laughable. I don't even consider Kuiu for pants anymore. For the exact reason Sapcut mentions above.

OP
Sapcut

Sapcut

WKR
It seems manufacturers can’t be content with good or even great. It’s with everything. Folks just don’t know when to stop overthinking. Apps are the same way. Huntstand just updated again only to be more complicated. If customers have to keep relearning or resizing then the product is no longer user friendly. They just don’t know when to stop.

Trial153

WKR
I am not buying Attack pants with a crazy inseam only to pay another 25 bucks plus my time to have them professionally heemed. Kuiu has been off my radar since their horrible CS they provided with an icon pro. I don’t even look at their catalog-when it comes

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I see now where they have short regular and tall length options

Ya, but those Talls will be 2-3" shorter in the crotch, so their so-called "tall" inseam still falls 3-4" short of the ankles.

For most companies, the reason they are always changing stuff is because of their useless marketing department.

JD619er

WKR
I bought some attack in 32" a couple months ago. The other pairs of 32's I always had to add an extra button because they were too big in the waist. I'm still the same waist size but I had to send the new attacks back because they were too tight

Kotaman

WKR
Sitka may not have hip vents, but at least I can order a 38 in every model/style they carry and they will fit me in the waist and length.

I bought a set of pro pants and compared them to my older attacks in the thread below. I imagine they use the same newer, slimmer patterns across their line.

OP
Sapcut

Sapcut

WKR
I bought a set of pro pants and compared them to my older attacks in the thread below. I imagine they use the same newer, slimmer patterns across their line.

The Sierra pant is not cut slim like the new Attacks. They are perfect a perfect fit like the previous cut Attacks. But not stinkin hip vents.