KUIU Attacks have different cut than usual ???

sasquatch

WKR
Tight pants and climbing just don’t go together for me! It’s why i sold all my Kuiu pants and went to firstlite. All they do for me is pull my underwear up me ***. Also, I notice I don’t even care to have hip vents if the pants have enough room for some air flow. You need vents on Kuiu pants because they like thermals fitting so tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmez

WKR
Apparently you guys arnt naturally sweaty and archery hunt in 100 degrees.
I'd hunt in shorts if I could stand it.
I'm both and never dick with the hip vents when I wear the attacks. They help with rain gear, gimmick in regular pants.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Apparently you guys arnt naturally sweaty and archery hunt in 100 degrees. I'd hunt in shorts if I could stand it.

When I'm really chasing elk, I'll soak through my base layers and my poly camo tops and bottoms to the point that they're sopping wet. But I've never missed hip vents either. That would just be another thing to bother me.......kind of like the little sleeve pockets. As long as my merino bottoms are getting the sweat away from my skin, I'm good.....no matter what the temps are.

Trial153

WKR
All I do is archery hunt, I sweat terrible, still havent missed the hip vents since I dumped them.

I use hip vents on the Attack pants on the hard steady climbs. Like them in warm weather and even use them in cold weather. Just like I like zip neck tees, etc. Keeps me more comfortable. Sure, I could live without them but definitely prefer Mt hunting pants with them.

As per the new skinny cut, fits me OK but prefer the old cut.

sasquatch

WKR
Apparently you guys arnt naturally sweaty and archery hunt in 100 degrees.
I'd hunt in shorts if I could stand it.

I live and hunt in far south Louisiana, I assure you it’s quite hot

I’d also always pick a regular neck tee to the 1/4 zips. Another product Kuiu lost me too. The 145 merino, love the shirt but now they only offer zip neck. Just uncomfortable, like a damn turtle neck and I bet it serves virtually useless to how hot or cool you are

sasquatch

WKR
Which is worst! Humidity always makes it hotter. I travel up north to hunt also. I’ll take 100 degrees no humidity over 100 degrees 90% humidity

Ofcourse that’s just my take on it

We down here get excited just for a NW wind to remove the humidity

OP
Sapcut

Sapcut

WKR
FYI....Referring to KUIU Attack sizing again.....I ordered another pair of new Attacks. Instead of going up a size to 38 because the others seem to be cut small as mentioned in OP. I accidentally ordered another pair of 36s. Waa Laa, these 36s fit great. And I didn't know they were 36s until way after putting them on. They feel about an inch larger in waist and no doubt roomier in legs.

It's amazing a high level apparel company can't get this right.

AK Shane

Lil-Rokslider
I love my old Chugach jackets and have almost worn through my second one. I grabbed a third Chugach jacket out of the outlet a year ago so I would have a replacement when I wore out my current jacket. Size medium in my first two jackets was perfect. The third jacket in medium was huge. Arms were two inches longer and were so baggy it looked like I was wearing a wing suit. I could put three puffy coats on and I'd still have room in the chest. Unfortunately I couldn't return it because it came from the outlet.

Good thing my Attack pants are still going strong. Hopefully they figure out the sizing before I need to replace them. Kuiu was my go too because the sizing fit me better than Sitka. May have to look elsewhere in the future if they can't figure out the sizing.

I think that may be the first step headed south for KUIU.

This ^^

So many of hunting clothing companies are trying to get into the “casual apparel” business to expand their growth.

I like what Sitka Gear has done in coming up with completely different clothing to address this - and NOT changing a popular/current hunting garment to satisfy a few requests.

Donk

Lil-Rokslider
I loved the old Attack pants and I love hip vents. I wore my guide pants last weekend for whitetail hunting. It was warm when I walked in. I had everything unzipped and did not overheat. When I got on stand and it cooled off I zipped everything thing up and was comfortable.

Pretty lame they went to a new cut.

Kota what Sitka pant do you recommend for a mid season pant?

I have two pair for of the Accent pants. One is the OG pair in mountain mimicry, (who remembers that?) and a new pair in the subalpine. Awesome elk hunting pants for early season.

What do you guys think of the First Lite Obsidian??

Not trying to hijack the thread. Was going to order another set of Attacks but I’m hesitant now.

Thanks.

Kotaman

WKR
I loved the old Attack pants and I love hip vents. I wore my guide pants last weekend for whitetail hunting. It was warm when I walked in. I had everything unzipped and did not overheat. When I got on stand and it cooled off I zipped everything thing up and was comfortable.

Pretty lame they went to a new cut.

Kota what Sitka pant do you recommend for a mid season pant?

I have two pair for of the Accent pants. One is the OG pair in mountain mimicry, (who remembers that?) and a new pair in the subalpine. Awesome elk hunting pants for early season.

What do you guys think of the First Lite Obsidian??

Not trying to hijack the thread. Was going to order another set of Attacks but I’m hesitant now.

Thanks.

I like all of the Sitka pants but use my Timberlines the most. From early season sheep to late season moose, I’m wearing Timberlines. For early elk I like the Traverse and Apex as well. 75% of the time in the fall, I’m wearing Timberlines.

JWP58

WKR
My 2012 pair is a different cut than the pair I bought last year. The new pair are like low rise skinny Jean's.

Inseam is no problem, as I'm not a manlet.

Donk

Lil-Rokslider
I like all of the Sitka pants but use my Timberlines the most. From early season sheep to late season moose, I’m wearing Timberlines. For early elk I like the Traverse and Apex as well. 75% of the time in the fall, I’m wearing Timberlines.
Thank you Sir!

ohoopee

WKR
I wear 32 Kuiu Tiuburon's and just traded a pair of 32 Attacks because they were much
smaller in the waist than the Tiburons. I have had similar issues with some Sitka pants
though if I remember correctly.