Kuiu Axis Beanie

Anyone get one of these yet? Pros and cons? Do the little ear holes for hearing actually work? I always flip my beanie over my ears to hear while calling or still hunting.

Kostrize

WKR
I have one but haven’t been able to use it in the field yet. Material and fit is extremely close to their old Guide beanie if you’ve tried that. The actual cut is similar to the 240 beanie. It’s a good light soft shell weight IMO. Very comfortable

To me, it is very noisy. Just turning my head I hear the material brushing and it’s pretty loud. Maybe not to bystanders but it does impede my hearing. Under a hood is a little worse. I do really like it but will probably stick to the 240 beanie for hunting and keep the Axis for general outdoor use

OP
MuleDeerMike
I have one but haven’t been able to use it in the field yet. Material and fit is extremely close to their old Guide beanie if you’ve tried that. The actual cut is similar to the 240 beanie. It’s a good light soft shell weight IMO. Very comfortable

To me, it is very noisy. Just turning my head I hear the material brushing and it’s pretty loud. Maybe not to bystanders but it does impede my hearing. Under a hood is a little worse. I do really like it but will probably stick to the 240 beanie for hunting and keep the Axis for general outdoor use
Do you feel that the noise level of the material would negate any hearing gained from the little ear holes? Or do those actually help?

Kostrize

WKR
I think the ear holes help. Stationary I can hear perfectly fine, but moving around stalking I don’t know.

I wish they made the 240 beanie in solids, it’s the best I’ve tried