Kuiu axis hybrid pant or sitka timberline pant?

Currently in the market for a heavier pant with waterproof knee and butt.

Any one own both or have suggestions on which to buy?

Gasman

Lil-Rokslider
I had the Timberlines and sold them after my thighs got soaked while walking in blowing snow.

I only have a few days on the Axis pants but have been very happy with them so far. I did a lot of kneeling on the snow without any moisture getting through. They're not super warm, though, so that would be where your base/mid layers come in.

OP
Brian Fahs
I had the Timberlines and sold them after my thighs got soaked while walking in blowing snow.

I only have a few days on the Axis pants but have been very happy with them so far. I did a lot of kneeling on the snow without any moisture getting through. They're not super warm, though, so that would be where your base/mid layers come in.
How do the axis hybrids fit?
True to size?

Gasman

Lil-Rokslider
For me they're true to size, but if you read the reviews on Kuiu's website, people seem to recommend going up a size for a lot of Kuiu's clothes. If you have any doubt, I recommend getting a couple of sizes and returning the one that doesn't fit you as well.

I have the axis pants and love them, comfortable in 60’s down to 30’s with a layer underneath.
My size is usually a 33-34 depending on crotch. I have a butt unlike some men. I found I could get into a 34 and it would be tight, but the 36 fit so much better and allow a layer underneath very comfortably.

I don’t believe the tali’s hybrids have as much of the fleece lining the axis pants do...Talis is a heavier pant not as warm as axis but more waterproof, whereas the axis is more for warmth and wearing gaiters over the legs to stay dry while giving waterproofing in the knees and butt. Similar but not the same

OP What kind of late season hunting are you doing?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Gasman

Lil-Rokslider
Of course, with "global warming", 3rd rifle season hasn't been as cold as it was in the 2000's - until the 2019 season, when it was negative temperatures some mornings.

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
I like the Axis pants a lot. Pretty warm, but not to warm to cover some ground in, I just unzip the side vents when hiking and zip back up when glassing. They do a pretty good job of blocking wind and really good at keeping out moisture. I used them this year in 30 down to -5 in a lot of snow. I’m a 34 and ordered a 36, fit a little lose but perfect for thicker base layers

Jtb2018

FNG
My go to pant is the timberlines. They are warm with the reinforced knee and rear. Can’t go wrong with these. Don’t have the Kuiu so can’t compare tho

OP
Brian Fahs
OP What kind of late season hunting are you doing?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I mostly hunt deer and turkey in the northeast and midwest but am outdoors all year long doing something. I have the heavy cold weather gear and lightweight early season gear. I need.

If I got the axis hybrid or sitka timberlines it would be worn over a lightweight pant or merino base. I'm looking for something with waterproof knees and seat for active use in nasty conditions. I run kuiu yukon gaiters and love them. For rain gear I run sitka stormfront or first lite seak so I have that covered.

Basically I'm looking for a perfect beat around pant for damp cool conditions.