Kuiu Axis Pants vs. Sitka Timberline Pants

V-TRAIN

WKR
Got ya, that helps, I will just use the Yukon if its wet and move slow. I have some attacks, used to have guide, sold when i got axis.

I used timberlines for a number of years till last season, I purchased a pair of Axis pants for cold weather hunts. I liked pretty much everything a little more on the Axis, I will be selling my Timberlines. Most important feature is the hip vents !

I used timberlines for a number of years till last season, I purchased a pair of Axis pants for cold weather hunts. I liked pretty much everything a little more on the Axis, I will be selling my Timberlines. Most important feature is the hip vents !
Do you miss having knee pads in your pants when comparing the Axis and Timberlines?
I am in the market for some mountain pants for 3rd season Colorado Elk. I really like the features of the Axis but I wish they had the knee pads like the Timberlines or the Kuiu Talus Pants

Hough-
I kinda wish they had a small knee pad like some of their other pants, definitely not a deal breaker for me. Sitka knee pads little to big for my liking anyway. Last year in deep snow a bunch, and while cutting up and packing bull in snow from 4" deep to past knees never missed knee pad at all.
Good luck this season!!

junior

WKR
Don’t mean to divert from the thread topic too much but after trialing the timberline, Kuiu axis and Guide, and SG DeHavilland the SG is my favorite for a ‘late season’ pant. It’s warm enough and vents amazing with that huge side zip. I like being able to add a small knee pad. The material seems to shed moisture as good as any other out there. I do wish it had waterproof knee and seat but I think I will just add a good amount of nix wax especially to those areas before a hunt. The Kuiu guide and axis are just too warm for active hunting for me. And no hip vents on the timberline is just a deal breaker unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sr80

WKR
I agree with junior. I used to love then timberline pants but picked up some SG pants this passed winter and they’ve become my favourite pant now.

iseebucks

Lil-Rokslider
Do the Sitka Timberline pants have fleece lining like the Kuiu Axis does?

Love the Axis! Like the Timberlines. The timberlines have moved substantially down in my arsenal. Now only used a couple times a year on coyote hunts and nothing for big game.

Brendan

WKR
Then I would definitely choose the Axis pant over the timberline pant. The Timberline Pant seems way overpriced for what you are getting compared to the Axis.

Depends what you use them for. I literally just went through this and picked the Timberline over the Axis - didn't want the fleece lining as I feel they're more versatile that way. Liked the included / removable suspenders and knee pads with the timberlines. My second set, and love them.

With that said, for exclusively cold weather? Maybe then the fleece lining makes more sense. I was looking at the Talus pant a little more than the Axis myself.

ianpadron

WKR
The Talus fit really sloppy below the knees. They're like bell bottoms and are loud as shit when you walk. Saying they're in another universe than the Timberlines is a little dramatic lol. I do love my Tiburon pants, but I think the Timberlines fit way better than the Talus.

They fit snug around my calves and boot tops and I'm not a big guy. They are completely waterproof from the knee down...noisiness went away after the first wash. The Timberlines on the other hand had a DWR that was non-existent after my first hunt in them, and they take forever to dry. The waterproof knees and butt don't breath at all so your kneecaps and ass get sweaty AF. They also weigh more than a half pound more and don't even have fleece lining...need I go on?

I haven't touched my Timberlines since I scooped the Talus.

Wanna buy 'em?

They fit snug around my calves and boot tops and I'm not a big guy. They are completely waterproof from the knee down...noisiness went away after the first wash. The Timberlines on the other hand had a DWR that was non-existent after my first hunt in them, and they take forever to dry. The waterproof knees and butt don't breath at all so your kneecaps and ass get sweaty AF. They also weigh more than a half pound more and don't even have fleece lining...need I go on?

I haven't touched my Timberlines since I scooped the Talus.

Wanna buy 'em?

Oddly defensive lol alrighty then. Like I said, for me the Talus fit like shit and the Timberlines fit good. YMMV.

ianpadron

WKR
Oddly defensive lol alrighty then. Like I said, for me the Talus fit like shit and the Timberlines fit good. YMMV.

Not defensive at all. I don't find it "overly dramatic" to say that the Talus pant is a vastly superior late season pant (it is).

To me, there really isn't a comparison between the two and I say that as someone who used to think the Timberlines were all that and a bag of chips when they first came out.

Oh yeah, hip vents too...😉😉😉

Not defensive at all. I don't find it "overly dramatic" to say that the Talus pant is a vastly superior late season pant (it is).

To me, there really isn't a comparison between the two and I say that as someone who used to think the Timberlines were all that and a bag of chips when they first came out.

Oh yeah, hip vents too...
I do love the Kuiu hip vents. Drives me crazy that Sitka hasn't adopted them yet, makes no sense.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member

I think they may have changed the cut of the Talus pants. My first pair very wide on the bottom. My second set seem to be slimmer below the knee.

bruno59

WKR
I have been using both for awhile to me the axis is a little warmer ,they both fit me good 32r i just wish sitka would get some side vents i don't get it, i do miss the knee pads that the axis does not have when i bought the axis pant i got 20% off for my birthday and another 14% back from active junkie so i only paid $160 for them the same price i paid for the timberlines when i got 30% off at Leo adventures when they wear out i will buy another pair of axis i just think they are better for late season here in montana

SteepandDeep

Lil-Rokslider
Almost done with this review. I spend a lot of time in mid to late-season pants. The Timberlines were my go-to for years. I ran the Axis pants all last year. Anyone else run both? What are your thoughts?

35d90f5acbf64b436d2683eeb3c03c98.jpg
When’s the review going to be done??