Kuiu axis?

eoperator

WKR
Cant find any info about the new kuiu axis line. Wonder if it's much different than guide series? I sure like the idea of waterproof patches on needed areas. Anyone tried them yet?

Warren

Lil-Rokslider
I plan to order the pants once the solid color comes available. After badgering Kuiu customer service multiple days (different folks to see if I get different answers) they are an updated Guide pant with waterproof paneling in seat/knee. The new outer fabric is more wind resistant, water resistant, and a lot more stretchy with a better cut. The inner fabric should be slightly warmer the guide as well.

sr80

WKR
I wonder if their windproof bonding with make the jacket as windproof as the jetstream jacket. They have a couple minute clip on youtube going over the pants and jacket now

V-TRAIN

WKR
I got the pants right after hunting season ended. Haven't worn them hunting, but i did slip them on one day when it was about 40 degrees and the wind was blowing 15-25 mph. I couldn't feel anything thru them.

I have a Sitka Jetstream Jacket, i would say that that the fleece lining on the Axis pants is a touch thicker, but still thin. I would say if there were say a Jetstream pant (like the jacket) that i would rather have the Axis pants by far.

The Axis will provide more warmth, and the leg vents will allow you to dump heat if needed. I imagine i will wear the pants a ton, i have not decided on the jacket yet though. I wear my jetstream a ton and already have it, i was mainly wanting a pant just like what the Axis is, so glad someone finally made them.