Kuiu Bag Help

rr.taylorjr

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for help with attaching the bag to the frame. Curious if the straps in the pics are where they need to be and correct. I do believe it is a pre 2017 setup. I understand how the rest goes together from watching videos but these dont look right. Any help will be greatly appreicated. Thanks.
cb0fee3625f99c693ad833148a17f037.jpg
d2da15c906d0f64d6b307262414a1dc4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
R

rr.taylorjr

Lil-Rokslider
Icon Pro bags. The one shown is a IP 3200.

madkaw284

Lil-Rokslider
I’m not sure what happened Thayer, so just pull all that back through and start over. Should look like this.
f3f3cd017c0974992a3d027f7d143be4.jpg
df79e4791f969f188288a37aefa8d585.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
R

rr.taylorjr

Lil-Rokslider
But does it attach to anything after you pull it through?

madkaw284

Lil-Rokslider
No, the strap just kinda sits in place, just pull it all the way through. Then your load lifters connect through the tension lock and the remainder of the strap will connect to the bags tension lock.

OP
R

rr.taylorjr

Lil-Rokslider
Ok thanks a bunch. So Im guessing it should look like the pic below then.
94b3a35ec281deb9c7532bcc8231ac28.jpg

madkaw284

Lil-Rokslider
Ok. I didn’t realize you were running one of the Icon bags with the pockets. But yeah, that is the correct way to do it. Then if you want to put stuff between the frame and the bag you just lift those pockets off of the frame and use that bridge strap to connect everything.

You got it. They don’t do a very good job of making that clear, at least in anything I’ve seen.

I also wish they’d come up with a way to keep those frame pieces in the pockets, mine are routinely falling out when I take my pack off.

OP
R

rr.taylorjr

Lil-Rokslider
I agree but thats why we have Rokslide, wealth of knowledge and help here. Love this forum.

madkaw284

Lil-Rokslider
You got it. They don’t do a very good job of making that clear, at least in anything I’ve seen.

I also wish they’d come up with a way to keep those frame pieces in the pockets, mine are routinely falling out when I take my pack off.

I don’t get what you mean. Are you saying that your bag is coming off of the frame stays?

I don’t get what you mean. Are you saying that your bag is coming off of the frame stays?

Yes. Not when walking around, but if there isn’t any tension in the load lifting strap then it could pop out, like when I take it off or it’s otherwise on the ground, in or out of my pickup, etc. (I really hope I haven’t been doing it wrong all along.)

madkaw284

Lil-Rokslider
Yes. Not when walking around, but if there isn’t any tension in the load lifting strap then it could pop out, like when I take it off or it’s otherwise on the ground, in or out of my pickup, etc. (I really hope I haven’t been doing it wrong all along.)

Yeah, that shouldn’t be happening. There are 2 straps on the bottom of the bag that will pull it down tight onto the frame stays. Make sure that those are routed correctly.

madkaw284

Lil-Rokslider
On the very bottom of the bag, there should be two straps that connect through the hip belt. I have an ultra and An Icon, I know the ultra has the same system. There on the bottom of the bag on the side that sits against the frame.

Tighten your bottom straps that pull the bag down onto the stays

Dos
The straps are located on the hip belt and attach like stated above to the back of the bag closest to the frame on each side of the bag. You must snug them down to keep tension on the top of the bag. Do this before clipping the metal loop on the bottom of the bag to the hip belt.

madkaw284

Lil-Rokslider
You might find something on YouTube.
If you look on the backside of your hip belt, in the middle there is a clip that attaches to a loop on your bag and on each side of that clip on your hip belt is 2 straps that connect to the back of the bag.
If you still need help, I’ll post up a few more pictures this afternoon.