KUIU belt pockets

I did it. I'm not proud of it but, I did it. Bought some pack gear that wasn't made in the USA. I got to thinking about the size of the KUIU belt pouches on sale for a dollar and, realized it would be a great GPS and Rangefinder pocket. I thought it'd be no issue trying to rig up an attachment system to my Kifaru. Well, I was wrong. I received them yesterday and after my training hike, I set down with my frame to earnestly figure out how to attach these things. Well, I couldn't figure out and easy way. So, before I order some hardware and get the sewing machine out, am I missing something? I'm really wanting to do this without having to sew pals attachment to the back of these pockets. So, what say you? Is there an easy way to attach these things to a Kifaru belt? Thanks men and God Bless

One on each side of the belt and one on each side of my nomad using the compression straps.
28fda32c2dac3ca319234856bb6dde62.jpg

a160ef226f70df71601047ec73db5c71.jpg

be4cd3602f20546e8edf05c62d138a25.jpg

c0c43a39ad7519268c0232e425de3a50.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dotman

WKR
I bought 10 of them but plan to only use as pullouts. Kind of a disposable item at $1 if they get trashed as well.

I use them as pullouts. One for lights and batteries and one as my kill kit.

If you are not proud because your bought a non US made product in the pockets you must not be proud a lot.

dcopher

Lil-Rokslider
They would make great pullouts, but they are terrible as hip pockets. They are virtually impossible to open and close with one hand.

gjviii

Lil-Rokslider
They would make great pullouts, but they are terrible as hip pockets. They are virtually impossible to open and close with one hand.

man i'm glad you said something, i thought i was incompetent

dcopher

Lil-Rokslider
man i'm glad you said something, i thought i was incompetent

I have yet to find anyone that can open them consistently with one hand. Everybody laughs at me until they try it themselves. I had the 1850 pack and liked most everything about it, but the hip pockets were a complete deal breaker for me.

OP
W
I use them as pullouts. One for lights and batteries and one as my kill kit.

If you are not proud because your bought a non US made product in the pockets you must not be proud a lot.

I didn't say NON USA made product. I said a pack product not made in the USA. Two entirely different things. God Bless men

muddydogs

WKR
I have yet to find anyone that can open them consistently with one hand. Everybody laughs at me until they try it themselves. I had the 1850 pack and liked most everything about it, but the hip pockets were a complete deal breaker for me.

I noticed the same problem, the pocket I put on my waist belt close with one hand but when opening the side would roll when pulling on the zipper. A small zip tie through the tab on the pocket attached to the cross webbing on the waist belt took care of the roll and it now opens and closes easy. Maybe that's why they were selling them for a buck.

I noticed the same problem, the pocket I put on my waist belt close with one hand but when opening the side would roll when pulling on the zipper. A small zip tie through the tab on the pocket attached to the cross webbing on the waist belt took care of the roll and it now opens and closes easy. Maybe that's why they were selling them for a buck.

Yep. Zip tie or paracord. Works perfectly.

Mntnere

FNG
Looks like the new pouches they moved the zipper to the top. Wonder if they're better now. Just bought an icon pro 3200 and been contemplating on the hip belt pouches.

CLICKBANGBANG

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like the new pouches they moved the zipper to the top. Wonder if they're better now. Just bought an icon pro 3200 and been contemplating on the hip belt pouches.

Yes, they are better. They are one handed open and close to get to the bacon inside. And with no upper cover over the pouch, you can see the bacon you're digging for easier. The newer version are also larger to fit more bacon in. The updated pouch is good to go.

Cut the belt loop off the older belt pouches. Cheap bacon pull out.

Squirrels

WKR
Yes, they are better. They are one handed open and close to get to the bacon inside. And with no upper cover over the pouch, you can see the bacon you're digging for easier. The newer version are also larger to fit more bacon in. The updated pouch is good to go.

Cut the belt loop off the older belt pouches. Cheap bacon pull out.

One handed bacon retrieval is of the utmost importance. My entire system is built around bacon access and storage.

Old thread for sure but I remember the same thing cause I was using them today.i use for pullout also,I'll try zips too