Kuiu Burner Parka

TX4ever

Lil-Rokslider
Any of you guys use this jacket? Pretty pricey, but thinking about “buying once crying once” if it’s worth it. I tend to run pretty cold and wondering if this may be overkill for temps just under freezing. Seems like I could get a non hunting jacket like a Montbell Alpine and save quite a bit of money with the same fill but not sure if it would be as durable as the burner.

Appreciate any feedback!

ILIKEGEAR

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Yep and its easily the warmest and most comfortable jacket I own.

That being said, it is expensive and overkill for most situations, especially just under freezing.

but if you run cold like me and value comfort over price - its 100% worth it. I paid full price the day it came out and have 0 regrets.

We're actually running a 1 in 20 giveaway + review on the Burner Parka as we speak if you're into that sort of thing (assuming seats are still left where you read this).

I've never heard any complaints from our winners, but they also paid $60 for it so, theres that haha.

burnerparka.jpg

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Any of you guys use this jacket? Pretty pricey, but thinking about “buying once crying once” if it’s worth it. I tend to run pretty cold and wondering if this may be overkill for temps just under freezing. Seems like I could get a non hunting jacket like a Montbell Alpine and save quite a bit of money with the same fill but not sure if it would be as durable as the burner.

Appreciate any feedback!

My wife bought me one. Paid full retail for it.

I took it to North Dakota for a week of coyote hunting in January and was very impressed. We hunted mostly at night with temps ranging from -15 to about +30 degrees with winds from 5-30 mph. We were in and out of the truck obviously since we were calling and I would say the average time out of the truck was around 45-60 minutes. I never once got the slightest chill.

Beagle1

Lil-Rokslider
If weight is not a issue to you I would consider the Skre Guardian. It has 2.1 more ounces of 850 fill than the Burner but weighs 13 ounces more. It is currently on sale for $245.

CLP

FNG
I used the burner in Kyrgyzstan in sub zero temps and snow in November and it was awesome. I would tend to think it would be overkill for anything near freezing and moving around. If closer to freezing I’d look at the stone glacier down and a shell of some kind. Would save a few dollars.

OP
T

TX4ever

Lil-Rokslider
I used the burner in Kyrgyzstan in sub zero temps and snow in November and it was awesome. I would tend to think it would be overkill for anything near freezing and moving around. If closer to freezing I’d look at the stone glacier down and a shell of some kind. Would save a few dollars.
Good to hear. I did just pick up the SG from another user on here and gonna put it to the test. If I get the burner it would be used more as a stationary/camp jacket

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
@Tanya Avery will have one before hunting season and... she will still tell me she's cold!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2531usmc

WKR
The Burner is not all that different than the Sitka Blizzard Aerolite. Both in terms of cost and it’s marketing pitch. Has anybody tried to compare the two?

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
@Tanya Avery will have one before hunting season and... she will still tell me she's cold!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If I’m still cold after that, I guess they need to keep working on it! Now, if someone could just make some gloves that kept my hands warm…

~T

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
The Burner is not all that different than the Sitka Blizzard Aerolite. Both in terms of cost and it’s marketing pitch. Has anybody tried to compare the two?
I was looking at the Blizzard Aerolite too. But it's a pound heavier than the Burner. I would sure hope it's warmer. After having both in my hand I could see possibly packing the Burner. There's no way I would pack the Blizzard

2531usmc

WKR
I’ve been very pleased with all of the Sitka clothing I’ve purchased and used. So I would be leaning towards the Blizzard, but I’m not sure I want to experiment with the new aerolite insulation. That’s a lot of money to spend and be disappointed with the insulation quality

Any updates on this jacket since March? Anyone else have the opportunity to put some use on one of these? Considering it as a possible upgrade to my Sitka Incinerator Jacket simply because it is a lb lighter and seems like it may be warmer?

USMC2378

Lil-Rokslider
Any updates on this jacket since March? Anyone else have the opportunity to put some use on one of these? Considering it as a possible upgrade to my Sitka Incinerator Jacket simply because it is a lb lighter and seems like it may be warmer?
I wonder how it compares to the rab valiance it has similar specs.

I’ve got a large burner in ash that has ridden on a hanger in my truck cab for 2 hunts. I’ve never worn it because it’s seriously like wearing a sleeping bag. Think George Castanza in his puffy coat. Both hunts were sub zero mornings but I knew I’d be moving every morning until it got into the teens which my lighter puffy is adequate for.

I think the use case for the burner is some combination of stationary, windy, below zero and precipitation. No way I’m wearing it moving in any temperatures.

I’ll be posting it for sale in the classifieds soon.

Beagle1

Lil-Rokslider
I stand hunt and own the old Sitka Incinerator in XL with 650 down. I considered the Burner but went with a Skre Guardian. The Burner is 27 oz. and has 9.3 oz. of 850. The Guardian is 40 oz. with 11.4 of 850. I like the Guardian, quality parka and definitely way warmer than the Incinerator.