Kuiu camo patterns ?

looking at getting a set of kuiu attack pants and the dcs guide jacket for Maryland’s archery season …. It’s during fall so there are a lot of browns and more dull colors … but the beginning of the season there is a lot of foliage still … any recommendations for camo pattern that may work for both ?

Jbxl20

WKR
I don’t think the deer care either Verde or vias. I like the look of both. The attack pants are my favorite.

OP
Joshuajosh
I don’t think the deer care either Verde or vias. I like the look of both. The attack pants are my favorite.
Yeah I like the looks of the verde and I have some in the tan color and I frickin love them I just want another pair

j33

WKR
Vias is the best everywhere from an animals perspective, breaks up the human image best.
Verde was eventually introduced to appease hunters who wanted green (even though animals don’t see green) and they sold more clothes. Fast forward fo last year Valo was introduced…. Classic move by hunting companies.

Best part is Kuiu doesn’t charge more for camo like First Lite does.

mtnhunt

FNG
Vias is the best everywhere from an animals perspective, breaks up the human image best.
Verde was eventually introduced to appease hunters who wanted green (even though animals don’t see green) and they sold more clothes. Fast forward fo last year Valo was introduced…. Classic move by hunting companies.

Best part is Kuiu doesn’t charge more for camo like First Lite does.
Their rational behind the pattern seems to make sense. Less contrast makes movement harder to detect at close ranges. Blends better, which may be more forgiving to movement, in lower contrast environments which often have limited cover. I personally think it rounds out their line pretty well.

gargra03

Lil-Rokslider
I am in Virginia, I wear Verde attacks in the earlier part of the season and then go to a solid once the leaves start changing. Can't go wrong with the attacks. I can also recommend kings xkg preacher pants in solids when on sale, so far they have been great.

Last edited:
Run a solid (ex: bourbon or gunmetal ) on your pants.

Run a different solid up top (ex: ash) or camouflage (ex: Verde or Valo).

Watch the wind and your movement and you can wear whatever you want.

I’ve got some Vias and wear it early season in Georgia with solid color pants. I think it does just fine! Our leaves don’t fall off the trees until late here!

Hondo

WKR
Ditto on the solid pants suggestion by AZ_Hunter_2000. I wish I had done that from the start but as I replace gear I am doing just that. This past Saturday I was wearing Ash Brown Kutana pants with a Vias Gila Hoody & Gaiter sitting behind a small brush pile I stacked in front of a fallen tree (my version of a ground blind) near a game trail and had 3 deer walk by within 15 yards of me without detecting me. None were arrow worthy unfortunately.