Kuiu Chugach initial impressions

Titan_Bow

WKR
Just picked up the new Chugach to replace my older Kryptek Koldo set. Had a few showers and thunderstorms while up elk hunting yesterday. I was a few miles in, and a little hesitant to stop and put rain gear on as I was still hiking up to where I wanted to hunt that afternoon, however I thought I would give the new stuff a test.
Man, this stuff is awesome! It was pretty warm, but with the pit zips open a little, I never got that trapped heat feeling I always got with the Koldo, or any other rain gear for that matter. I was sweating as you would expect climbing straight up a mountain with a backpack, but it was nowhere near as uncomfortable as I have been in any of my previous rain gear. Really digging this stuff so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BuckSmasher

Lil-Rokslider
Glad to hear this. I really labored over deciding between the Yukon and new Chugach TR. I live in North Idaho so can be pretty rainy in the fall. They get here tomorrow and season starts sunday.. Monday is supposed to be rainy.. We will see!

Elk botherer

Lil-Rokslider
Just picked up the new Chugach to replace my older Kryptek Koldo set. Had a few showers and thunderstorms while up elk hunting yesterday. I was a few miles in, and a little hesitant to stop and put rain gear on as I was still hiking up to where I wanted to hunt that afternoon, however I thought I would give the new stuff a test.
Man, this stuff is awesome! It was pretty warm, but with the pit zips open a little, I never got that trapped heat feeling I always got with the Koldo, or any other rain gear for that matter. I was sweating as you would expect climbing straight up a mountain with a backpack, but it was nowhere near as uncomfortable as I have been in any of my previous rain gear. Really digging this stuff so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now that more time has gone by, are you still happy with your Chugach? I’m tossing around that or the badlands catalyst or the black ovis hailstone. The chugach was at the top of my list. Thanks for the report so far.