KUIU Chugach rain jacket

bobhunts

WKR
I bought one size that fits in the chuguache rain gear and one jacket a size larger for another use. They do fit as advertised and some will require a larger or smaller size based on there own needs and body size. It is good stuff and I will continue to buy it. Not sure regarding sizing since the production change but no need to buy anything else for a while.Bob.

slim9300

WKR
I have the old Canadian built jacket and the new China built one. They fit identical for me. I bought the large and XL both times just to be safe considering the cost of the item. Both times I kept the XL due to the sleeves being the correct length. I have to use the draw chord to get the fit dialed though. I'm 6' 2" and 175 lbs. with a 78" reach and wide shoulders. I'm confident that if you wear an XL typically and you want room to layer, the XXL would be perfect. The safe bet would be to buy both and try both with your insulating layers. It will cost you $10 bucks and you will never doubt your decision.

Btw, I live and hunt in one of the wettest climates in the US and this rain gear is the best I have found.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I'm 5'9 160 lbs and wear a medium in everything nearly, but wanted room to layer under the jacket (got the Chugach pants in medium) so I ordered the jacket in large and there is plenty of room under the large to layer with my puffy jacket while not being too big with just a base layer underneath...

OP
crazy_davey

crazy_davey

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys! After some more reading and thinking I went with the XXL and I am almost positive it will be exactly what I am looking for. It shipped out today. I thought about ordering two but now that they are made in China(one negative for sure) I will have to pay duty once they hit the border and I don't want to deal with trying to get that cost back(not even sure you can???).

Hopefully it works out, I will give my impressions once it shows up.

Thanks again!

Last edited:
OP
crazy_davey

crazy_davey

Lil-Rokslider
Received jacket in the mail today. It is big for sure but after trying it with the layers I wanted to use under it, it is exactly the size I was looking for. With layers on underneath I still have the freedom of full movement and this is where a couple of my other shells were lacking, especially once a pack is on. I do not like being restricted once all of my layers are on which can sometimes be six or more months out of the year around here. This one still says "Made in Canada" as well :D

Seems like a very well made jacket and cant find any flaws. Most certainly on par with some of my other high end shells.

slim9300

WKR
Received jacket in the mail today. It is big for sure but after trying it with the layers I wanted to use under it, it is exactly the size I was looking for. With layers on underneath I still have the freedom of full movement and this is where a couple of my other shells were lacking, especially once a pack is on. I do not like being restricted once all of my layers are on which can sometimes be six or more months out of the year around here. This one still says "Made in Canada" as well :D

Seems like a very well made jacket and cant find any flaws. Most certainly on par with some of my other high end shells.

Good to hear.

slim23

Lil-Rokslider
Buy the size you think you need and if its to tight send it back for a larger size. There returns are very easy and quick