Kuiu chugach size recommendation

Jethro

WKR
Checked my Chugach last night as I was cleaning up gear in the basement. I have size large in both jacket and pants. I'm 5'11" and 175lbs.

Last week, on top, I had 2 shirts and my Kenai underneath the Chugach. On bottom: lite merino and EB pants underneath my rain gear.

I will say that a pine snag off dead fall can do a number on the pants. Earlier this season, stepping over deadfall had a snag put a 4" tear in what was like new pants. They are now decorated with a tenacious tape patch.

I’m pleased with my Chugach. It’s served me well in some good wet weather, but I’ve never hunted rain forest. I prefer looser rain gear that I can layer under and not feel constricted. I would agree with the guys suggesting that you size up.

Bump79

WKR
XL is what you need. I'm 5'11" 190 athletic build and my large is too tight for layering in the sleeves

OP
E
You should check out Grundens breathable bibs and jackets and let me know what you think. My personal experience with them on Kodiak was nothing short of impressive.
They definitely have appealing options. I don't seen any tech specs on their website (maybe I missed it?) That include any breathability ratings or weights though. I think as much as I want one set of rain gear, if I'm going to AK I'll probably buy something like that, but I'm still going to keep a chugach for my Idaho/Wyoming hunts.

OP
E
I appreciate all the inputs from everyone. Went with the XL and it was definitely the right choice. Enough room for layers, but not too loose without them.