Kuiu Chugach TR vs Sitka Dew Point

700MtnMan

FNG
I am looking to upgrade my raingear to something lighter and more packable this year, primarily looking at either the Kuiu Chugach TR or the the Sitka Dew Point. I was wondering if anyone has compared these two first hand or has any experiences with either that they might share. It looks like weight and packability are very close, was wondering about any feedback on durability, breathability, noise etc... that might help in the decision making process.

Yard Candy

Lil-Rokslider
I am looking to upgrade my raingear to something lighter and more packable this year, primarily looking at either the Kuiu Chugach TR or the the Sitka Dew Point. I was wondering if anyone has compared these two first hand or has any experiences with either that they might share. It looks like weight and packability are very close, was wondering about any feedback on durability, breathability, noise etc... that might help in the decision making process.
I've owned both. Chugach initially but now I have the Dew Point.

Dew Point is louder and thinner. Chugach is a tighter fit. Packability seems about the same... maybeeeee Dew Point packs smaller. Both are waterproof.

I prefer the Dew Point.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I have both. Decided to offload the Dew Point. The fit of the dewpoint especially in the arms is pretty slim so it can make layering say a puffy underwear not ideal. I also found the dewpoint to be extremely stiff. There is minimal stretch, and would go as far to say there is none. I found the chugach to be much more comfortable to wear, and it really does stretch and move with your body. The chugach is a bit heavier, but I think its worth the difference in weight. I’d also go as far to say that I believe the chugach will be more durable, but thats just the feel and eye test, not confirmed in the field.

Hope this helps.

Loggerdude

Lil-Rokslider
Have Both, Kuiu wins, I think Sitkas price went up and quality went down. I wear my rain gear at least 30 days a year.

TuckTruck

Lil-Rokslider
To anybody that has the chugach, did you have to size up to fit it over layers? Or did they take that into account with the design?
Thanks