Kuiu Chugach vs. Kodiak island?

Roofer1

Lil-Rokslider
Am taking a last minute kodiak hunt this spring and am scrambling for rain gear. Here's my 2 options. 1. Get a set of the pvc stuff (i.e. Helly Hansen) and taking the Kuiu Chugach stuff I have for better days. 2. Ordering some good stuff (i.e. kuiu yukon) and only taking one set. Would appreciate any input from folks with experience. Thanks

Common to see resident Alaskans just wear their rain pants every day and not specialty hunting pants. Also common to see seasoned guides up there do they same.

Those of us from the lower 49 tend to bring too much gear for hunting in AK.

Chugach is fine for rain gear on Kodiak. But if you’re going to live in it, run the Yukon.

Am taking a last minute kodiak hunt this spring and am scrambling for rain gear. Here's my 2 options. 1. Get a set of the pvc stuff (i.e. Helly Hansen) and taking the Kuiu Chugach stuff I have for better days. 2. Ordering some good stuff (i.e. kuiu yukon) and only taking one set. Would appreciate any input from folks with experience. Thanks
i think the chugach will work great on kodiak, i think buying a set of HH or lightweight grundens(my pick) and using your chugach will be totally fine.

if you do buy a new set, i wouldn't rule out the kutana storm shell.... i think i like it a little better than the yukon for heavy use... it's cut more slim than chugach/yukon, but has been really good. if they put the same rubberized material on the knees as they have on the lower legs, i think it would be the best rain gear on the market for heavy use in the brush

OP
R

Roofer1

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for everyone's input. Found out over the weekend a buddy (similar size as me) has the Yukon set and for a case of beer will let me borrow it. Waiting to hear back from guide to make sure he's good with that and I will hopefully be good to go.

Simon1523

FNG
Id bring one set of better rain gear