Kuiu clothing help.

Northpark

WKR
Hey all. Trying to figure out the best jacket and pant for me. I own several pieces of kuiu gear already, attack pants, icon pro pack, ultra down jacket. I want to buy a heavier pant as well for snowy cold rifle elk hunts and a outer layer jacket. Was thinking axis jacket, talus pants but not sure. Can you guys help with a comparison of say the talus vs axis vs pro pants and the axis vs Kutana vs guide DCS jackets?

I think your thinking is correct. Talus pants with Axis jacket is what I used in NW Montana last November. They will combo with what you already have quite well.

Pro pants are a slightly more durable version of the Attack pants with knee pads. Talus are a warmer version of the Pro pants with waterproof lower legs (great for wet grass and no gaiters).

The Axis is their warmest softshell. A nice choice once the snow hits.

WyoWrangler

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Kutana soft shell, been wearing it fishing and around town. The weather here can change quick in the spring, it can be sunny and then five minutes later 20-30 mph winds with light rain. Bought this jacket for those exact conditions, and was very surprised about the water shedding ability and decent wind protection. I also really enjoy the Kutana fabric feels very tough. Its not terribly warm, which makes me consider a puffy for colder hunts. I considered the axis, but where I live, during the time I normally hunt, rain isn’t a huge factor, and this jacket gives me the ability to play with layers from mid August to January.